• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

hornady automatic powder dispenser

Re: hornady automatic powder dispenser

You didn't say what model, but I'm assuming your talking about the Hornady Lock N Load powder measure with the case activated powder drop accessory. I've been using this for many years mounted on a Dillon 550B to load 5.56 and 7.62 rifle loads using stick and ball powders and it works very well.

I posted this in another thread:

"It's true 4064 doesn't meter all that well compared to RE15 or ball powders. Using a Hornady Lock N Load with case activated linkage mounted on a Dillon 550B, I once weighed 20 powder throws of 42.2 grs and the variation was +/- .4 grains. On a 42.2 grain load, that is only about 1.2% variation. The high was 42.5 grs, low of 41.8 grs, Avg of 42.1 grs, extreme spread of .7 grs., and standard deviation of .185 grs. In my book, That is more than acceptable accuracy, and my progressively loaded 7.62 and 5.56 loads were good enough to make Master class in NRA Highpower and NRA Highpower Long Range."

I have one. I've only run Varget through it so far. It runs more than .1 gr over maybe 1 in 10 times. Scale is very consistent. I keep checking it with my beam scale, but haven't found one off yet, although I've only done a couple hundred rounds. The speed is good. At least 90% of the time, after I seat a bullet and place it in the box, the next load is ready.

I'd definitely buy it again.

I just got one and I really like it so much better than trying to use a regular powder dispenser. Ive found it does do more overages with the lighter charge you throw at least that was with varget trying to do .223 rounds

I've also used it for RL-22 & H-1000. Like michael.tx says about 1 in 10 it over shoots .1 And speed is perfect as I measure OAL, useing 70.5 of RL22 and 77.1 of H1000.