• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady Black Ammo

xNF_9

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2009
Fargo
I just ordered some 6.5 Grendel ammo. I'm looking to see if anyone else has ran any Hornady Black ammo through their AR's and would like to hear some other reviews on how it shot.

2 of my buddies run it in their guns......a 308 DPMS and a 6.5 Grendel custom. They have reported great accuracy and function in both cases.

Glad to hear. I am taking my wife out to the range for our 5th anniversary and teaching her the ropes.

I know of a PRS gas gun competitor who sits in top 3 that is running it.

Thanks for the input. At >$1.00/round it is hard to beat since I will eventually use the brass for reloading.

Running the 208gn .300 BO in SBRs; bolt action and semi-auto. Very accurate factory round and good brass.

I shoot 308 Hornady Black in my M&P10. Sits around 1MOA. Can't beat it for the money.

Went out shooting with the ELD ammo the other day. Shot great with no complaints. I was shooting it out of an AR platform and didn't have any FTF/FTE. Was shooting steel in timed circumstances but when the shooter did the part it did well.

I think the Hornady Black is the replacement line to the Hornady TAP. So I think you can know what to expect in terms of performance.

Ive been interested in the 155g bullet concept, has anyone tried the black .308 155g amax yet?

My .308 JP LRP-07 has shot some decent groups with it. 5-shot groups at 100 yards.

hUnTFqL.jpg

ryvPORf.jpg

I run 6.5g in my LaRue shot the best groups I have ever shot with a rifle! Like .3 moa 3 shot groups at times.. I think that is what LaRue tests there 6.5 G with or at least my test target... lol

I run it through both my uppers (.223/6.8spc) and have never had an issue. I use a different bullet for my 6.8 on whitetail (barnes ttsx)(personal preference) but out of hundreds of rounds of the Black ammo, I have never had a FtF and have had great accuracy with them. I stock up, and grab a few boxes anytime I place an order on midway.