• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady concentricity guage any good?

Re: Hornady concentricity guage any good?

Works as advertised. I played around with it a little and will have one shortly.

i've heard good things about it. i'll be picking one up next week. from what i hear, it is one of the only gauges to measure and correct concentricity issues...

Thanks. I've been wanting to get something to check runout & I saw this Hornady set up. Looks interesting.

I am waiting to get one of these. It looks cool I just hope it works as advertised. Glad to hear people are liking their's so far.

I have one....I seem to have up to 10-thousandths run-out, using Plain-Jane RCBS dies. Easy to correct the run-out and very fast with the concentricity gauge. I get down to less than two thousandths very fast with loaded ammunition, and have seen a marked decrease in groups size. That said, my buddy borrowed it and he felt that it opened his groups up (his ammo was loaded with competition dies, and run-out was around 1-4 thousandths with most less than two thousandths). I was shocked at the runout in off the shelf hunting ammo, and I corrected all of it I had. Hope that helps!

I have one, and a Sinclair run out gauge, I don't trust the Hornady, rounds that show no run out on the Sinclair, always indicate run out on the Hornady.