• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady Custom Grade Dies question

Hummer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2009
SC Cradle of the Confederacy
Just got a set of Hornady Custom Grade Dies in 6.5X06 and I can't figure out if they are glass blasted or industrial chromed. Does anyone know? I have some Durachrome dies that have the same appearance but there is nothing on box or in the literature that tells for sure. This is first set of these I have seen and from what I am seeing now won't be the last.

Re: Hornady Custom Grade Dies question

What other cartridges are you looking to reload? I might have a set of Hornady dies I can part with. Better still, when I get to the reloading room I will tell you which ones I have.

I have a set, and after them sitting in a storage facility for a month during a move they had rust on them.

I'm fairly sure that they're bead blasted.

I called Hornady. They are bead blast finish on the outside so that means I gotta wipe them down when not in use. Looking forward to using them.