• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Hornady factory loads and Barretts

oneshot.onehit

Trigger Puller
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2010
USA
Anyone shooting the Hornady Factory loaded 338 LM, 285 grain ammo and having issues with the ammo firing?

Back in March 2011 I bought 220 rounds of Hornady factory loaded 338lm in the 285 grain loads; I was low on Laupa factory loads and needed some ammo. I ended up having rounds that had firing pin strikes yet with out the load going off.

Hornady wanted the ammo back for evaluation loaded and fired rounds.Total fired rounds? 10+/- Their response was everything was within their tolerances and that my Barrett was the problem. Prior to their ammo I never had any issues with hundreds of rounds fired using the Lapua factory ammo, as well as all the rounds fired after the issue with Hornady.

Barrett states that my gun is fine, Hornady doesn’t agree, they decided to keep all of the 220 rounds and put me on a list of new ammo from another lot number or credit the amount towards other Hornady products. I asked for a reimbursement but was denied and I am still without any idea if I am on a list yet or a credit. So far it’s been a cold response from Hornady as well as the dealer that sold it.

If either is reading, it doesn’t matter if you had a bad day when I called or not, it still seemed cold and a fair amount of money is tied up in this ordeal.

Any other folks have any issues with this factory load that may be of help as to figuring this out.