• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Hornady Interbonds

finnwerke757

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2008
virginia
Has anyone have any experience with the Hornady Interbonds? Im thinking of trying them in my .308 for whitetails 165gr version.

Re: Hornady Interbonds

yes I have used them on whitetails and they work very well - good expansion. If you have a 168 load already use that one to load the bullets. In fact I have 100 in my reloading room right now waiting to get loaded for the upcoming deer season.

JSTARSZ, thanks a bunch, I will get some and Im using 168AMAX's now so the transition should be great.

The Interbonds are a great bullet, and will provide deep penetration and pass throughs on deer. They work well really well on bigger game. The 168 A-max you're running is also a great deer round. I've taken many deer with A-maxes.

I recovered one from an elk, good mushroom weighed 142grains and went through alot of meat. For the price I have seen them at locally I am using the A-max for whitetails. I dont think whitetails require that tough of a bullet to convince them to get in the truck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jbulrs3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I recovered one from an elk, good mushroom weighed 142grains and went through alot of meat. For the price I have seen them at locally I am using the A-max for whitetails. I dont think whitetails require that tough of a bullet to convince them to get in the truck.</div></div>
good one - but, sometimes they do like to run for a ways becasue they are unsure where the truck is
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jbulrs3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> to convince them to get in the truck. </div></div>

LMAO!

I used interbond 165's for a while but the price sucks so I swapped to 168AMAX which ended up shooting a lot better anyway.

I've used them in my .243, 7STW, and my .308. They are great big game bullets.

Oam - what's your 243 load? I was thinking about giving the Interbond's a try in mine, they're a little cheaper than the TSX.