• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady LNL bushings with Lee press?

alman1531

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2014
Colorado
I started reloading with a single stage Lee press; then got a Hornady LNL progressive. Most of my reloading is pistol competition and 3-gun rifle which the Hornady has served me very well. I am now getting more into precision rifle shooting and I realized an issue. I want to be able to use the same dies with different presses. For example, .308 for my SCAR 17s on the Hornady for quantity; and the Lee for precision for my new AX308MC. How do I use the same dies on the two presses without changing the bushings? I have seen the conversion die bushings for the Hornady to the Lee. The standard LNL bushings look too big to fit in the space for the Lee press, so how does it work? Are the conversion LNL bushings a different dimension than the standard ones? Will I have to buy a Hornady single stage press to be able to use all of my dies set up with the standard LNL bushings? Please forgive my ignorance on this and any help is appreciated.

Unfortunately you will not be able to use the same dies without adjusting them when swapping between presses. I love the LNL bushings as I grew accustomed to them with the LNL AP and I naturally adapted my Redding single stage with the bushing conversion kit. If your Lee press will accept 1 1/4 - 12 threaded dies/inserts then you can convert your press to use the LNL bushings. It's unfortunate that the settings between the two presses are not going to be identical, but the bushings are still awesome due to the ease of swapping dies.