• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady LNL Iron press good bad?

Remman13

Private
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2020
I'm thinking of adding a new single stage press to my reloading room. I'm really interested in this press I think it's a good design plenty of room for big hands seating bullets. I like the auto prime very similar to my progressive press. Can't find any reviews after its been used for awhile good or bad.

I'm thinking of adding a new single stage press to my reloading room. I'm really interested in this press I think it's a good design plenty of room for big hands seating bullets. I like the auto prime very similar to my progressive press. Can't find any reviews after its been used for awhile good or bad.
It's a single stage press if it sucks toss it. Don't have one got a chucker and a Redding both ok. If you need a review sombody on the tube did a 15 press review gavin sombody go search it.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
It's a single stage press if it sucks toss it. Don't have one got a chucker and a Redding both ok. If you need a review sombody on the tube did a 15 press review gavin sombody go search it.
I know it's a single stage....I have a rock chucker...I'm ask if anyone has had bad experience with it... I don't like tossing $350 if I can avoid it. Gavin's reviews are 4 or 5 years old when it was new not after some wear

I know it's a single stage....I have a rock chucker...I'm ask if anyone has had bad experience with it... I don't like tossing $350 if I can avoid it. Gavin's reviews are 4 or 5 years old when it was new not after some wear
350 for a single stage press aint worth it got a friend just bought a mec he loves it paid just over 100

350 for a single stage press aint worth it got a friend just bought a mec he loves it paid just over 100
With the auto prime its around that with shipping.....I was looking at the mec marksman too

With the auto prime its around that with shipping.....I was looking at the mec marksman too
If the auto prime is the same as the progressive press i had nothing but trouble with that .

I have a the Hornady Iron press. Been using it for 5 years and am completely satisfied. I have never set up the prime system as I prefer to hand prime. Plenty of room and access to the business area of the press. I also have a Hornady LNL progressive that gets limited use. I am usually loading for match grade and prefer the single stage. Would like to get a Redding T7 and see if it meets my needs better and not be tied to the LNL bushings which I am always short on and they are getting more expensive and harder to find.

Reactions: Remman13
I have both the Hornady Classic LNL Single Stage Press and Hornady LNL Progressive Press. I love them. I haven’t had any issues with them. Hornady’s quick bushing setup makes it really easy to swap out dies. Mount them to a sturdy bench and you’ll be good to go.

I have a the Hornady Iron press. Been using it for 5 years and am completely satisfied. I have never set up the prime system as I prefer to hand prime. Plenty of room and access to the business area of the press. I also have a Hornady LNL progressive that gets limited use. I am usually loading for match grade and prefer the single stage. Would like to get a Redding T7 and see if it meets my needs better and not be tied to the LNL bushings which I am always short on and they are getting more expensive and harder to find.
Could never get my hornady progressive to work right should have got a dillon? Anyway got a Redding T7 been happy with it thinking of getting a Forster just to compare end results.