• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady Lock-and-load bushings

InsidetheStorm

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2012
Look behind you...
I have been using those Hornady Lock and Load quick change collets in my lee press fo a while now, and I had a question. I notice that they move in the bushing a little tiny bit, and I was wondering if this could lead to an inconsistency in my final product. I havent noticed any problems yet, I was just wondering if anyone else had any problems with them. I like that they make caliber changes fast, and switching from resizing to seating is a snap, but I worry that they're not precise enough. any thoughts?

Re: Hornady Lock-and-load bushings

Just an educated guess here, but the loose fit probably *adds* to the consistency of the loads. I would think the loose fit would lend to allowing things to center themselves rather than forcing things to go at angles that they ain't necessarily supposed to go.