• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady Match Grade Full Length Bushing Die, .308 Win, opinions?

RRW

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2013
Alberta.,Canada
I did a search and couldn't find much regarding this particular die. I currently use a Redding Type S Match Neck Die for my AI AT but have seen the light and and will fls from now on. The only reason I ask about the Hornady is because I am currently using the Hornady full length die w/o the bushing and Hornady seating die for my AI AE in 6.5 CM. They were the only dies I could get for the CM at the time and surprisingly I am getting some 5 rd groups in the .1's, .2's and consistently sub 1/2 moa at 100 metres with these "cheap" dies. I was skeptical but I honestly don't think I can get better results with more expensive dies. I could order a Redding Type S Match FL die but can get the Hornady bushing die locally w/o having to wait. Us Canadians have a harder time getting stuff so after that long winded spout anyone use the Hornady Bushing Dies and what are your opinions or should I just order the Redding and wait a bit. Thanks.

I have Hornady FL dies for 6.5CM, 6 CM and (although not bottle-neck) 45-70. They are good dies but, IMHO, not the best dies. Get a Redding S Type FL die and be done with it. Another option is the Redding body die but it leaves you having two steps; one FL size with the body die and then neck size with your Redding S type neck die.

Hornady's Match Dies are good to go. I have several in different calibers. They use the same bushings as Redding and Wilson.