• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hornady match grade sizer vs Redding type s

MoeAfrica

Private
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2022
South Africa
Hi all
I've been using a hornady match grade die set in 6.5 creedmoor and I get 4 shots within
.3" and one 1 shot that brings my group to .5" ( at 100m)
And in other instances i keep getting flyers
Would it be worth it to move over to redding dies ?
This is from a howa 1500

Attachments

• 20220912_154244.jpg
    20220912_154244.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 33
What makes you think it is caused by your sizing die and not 1000 other things that go into the process? Have you checked for concentricity and runout? Hornady makes decent stuff and changing dies might not be the magic ticket.

I don't think that a new die is going to help with that issue. I would look into tuning your load (powder & seating depth mainly) and/or possibly a tuner.

Reactions: MoeAfrica
I don't think the die is where I'd start with that one. A lot of guys think that bedding the action is where to start with that issue if the flyer is intermittent but happens regularly but obviously there's a lot of things that could be the cause.