• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady One shot on a gasser

lennyo3034

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2010
USA
Has anyone tried Hornady One shot dry lube on a gas gun?

I ask because I'm going to be running a large frame gasser in 2-day PRS matches this year with a Maverick. After about 80 rounds, carbon starts to build up on the gas rings and sometimes chokes the rifle. I can solve this by increasing the gas from the gas block, but looking at other methods too.

It appears carbon from the suppressor is sticking to the lubricant (Slip2000). Most places its not a big deal, but it is causing the gas rings to be much tighter when dirty vs clean.

I'm thinking One shot could be a potential solution since its a dry lube, but looking to see if anyone else has tried.

Thanks.

I also use it on all my rifles. Definitely makes cleaning my gasser easier.

Has anyone tried Hornady One shot dry lube on a gas gun?

I ask because I'm going to be running a large frame gasser in 2-day PRS matches this year with a Maverick. After about 80 rounds, carbon starts to build up on the gas rings and sometimes chokes the rifle. I can solve this by increasing the gas from the gas block, but looking at other methods too.

It appears carbon from the suppressor is sticking to the lubricant (Slip2000). Most places its not a big deal, but it is causing the gas rings to be much tighter when dirty vs clean.

I'm thinking One shot could be a potential solution since its a dry lube, but looking to see if anyone else has tried.

Thanks.
Instead of that dry lube use some gun grease. The Boretech kind or the Lucas Oil Gun Grease are both good to go.

I really like grease vs other forms of lube. Even with heavy carbon your lube stays in ONE PLACE (where you put it) and it retains its lubricity a lot longer than anything else I've ever used.

Supposedly if you live in a really cold environment grease is not ideal, but I don't have that problem.

I really liked one shot on my AR15 until I got a suppressor. I can run tons of rounds without a problem with one shot. But after sitting over night dirty I have problems the next day.

Reactions: lennyo3034
I really liked one shot on my AR15 until I got a suppressor. I can run tons of rounds without a problem with one shot. But after sitting over night dirty I have problems the next day.
Thanks for input.

What issues were you having? When you took it apart, was there a specific area that caused the problem?

Thanks.

good info when you have to get it running in a pinch

Attachments

• keepitrunning.pdf
    745.5 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: bfoosh006
Just generally dirty. Enough to make everything gum up. My gun was over gassed when I first added the can so that didn’t help. But I’m still on a quest to find a lube that will let me run for a few days of heavy shooting without cleaning.