• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady Precision Lab Scale

Yoteski

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Anybody else see this release from Hornady? I caught it on one of their videos. It's apparently still utilizing load cell tech. Would be interesting if the accuracy is good for a little cheaper price.

If this scale is using the same old strain type load cell technology, it will be subject to all the same issues as the other less expensive scales. When you reach a level, such as the A&D FX120i, you see an actual “lab grade” scale, with a totally different type of measurement system. This system, a force motor type, is more accurate and less subject to interference than the strain type load cell scales. Not saying Hornady stuff is not good by any means, I’m just saying that if this new scale is using a strain type load cell, it is really nothing new. The scale overall and features may well be new and upgraded, but the method by which it is weighing charges, is not.

Last edited: