• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady's 6.5 Creedmoor brass quality?

DarinR

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2007
Haysville, Kansas
I read last night on the midwayusa.com review area for Hornady's 6.5 Creedmoor brass that it is too soft and after 1 or 2 reloading's the primer pocket grows and leaves you with loose primers.

Is this accurate? There was only 3 or 4 reviews so it is a VERY small sampling.

I would appreciate any information as far as your experience with # of reloadings you have been able to get and if you feel the brass is too soft and if there are primer pocket issues.

When I first read the reviews, it sounded like they were describing Remington brass.

Thanks,
Darin

Re: Hornady's 6.5 Creedmoor brass quality?

My buddy has one and has 6-8 loadings on them without a problem! I annealed them for him last week and the brass is still going strong!

I Have lots of Hornady brass and never had a primer pocket go loose on me yet! Some have 15 loadings on them.

Terry

Maybe the load the reviewer was running was too hot???

Thanks guys!!

I appreciate your feedback. My excitement over the cartridge was temporarily dampened but now I am better.

Thanks again,
Darin

I almost built a Creedmoor. Everything I have read on that. I think you will enjoy the caliber. Suppose to get the job done. Good shooting.

I have some 6.5Creedmoor Hornady brass I have loaded several times and its fine, but my loads have been SANE and well within spec. Push it and you get 1 firing and done....just ask my cases that were tossed after 1 firing...heehee. Yes, its typical hornady soft brass....works great if you dont push it, but no so great if you do!

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mudcat-NC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have some 6.5Creedmoor Hornady brass I have loaded several times and its fine, but my loads have been SANE and well within spec. Push it and you get 1 firing and done....just ask my cases that were tossed after 1 firing...heehee. Yes, its typical hornady soft brass....works great if you dont push it, but no so great if you do!

John
</div></div>

what pill, barrel, and velocity on those tossed cases vs the "sane"?