• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Horse Soldier signed bottles?

chevy_man

Old Salt
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2019
    Anyone know why the signed bottles? Didn't see anything in a 2 minute Google search so of course I'm asking here.

Lucky enough the local liquor store isn't price gouging like I've seen online (the only references I could find for signed bottles were trying to sell it at $20-30 more than I paid).

IMG_20230724_194136991_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230724_194132093.jpg

"In the 2018 film 12 Strong, the actions of Operational Detachment Alpha (ODA) 595 in fighting the Taliban on horseback are featured." Wikipedia

Karl Erickson from Tactical Rifleman has done some livestreams from this bar and given a few signed bottles away. He's friends with the owner that makes this whiskey.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of you guys know him.

Karl Erickson from Tactical Rifleman has done some livestreams from this bar and given a few signed bottles away. He's friends with the owner that makes this whiskey.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of you guys know him.

When I first discovered this bourbon I sent an email to them complimenting on the quality. The owner emailed me back. Damn nice guy.

The Premium is the best I've had including Pappy's.

I'll agree with you there. Pappy's isn't that great to me (have some family that lives in TN and finds it at msrp).

I've killed a few bottles of premium.

Yep, the Horse Soldier silver is my go-to for mixing up an Old Fashioned since Buffalo Trace has become so hard to find.

Damn. I thought it was weird that buffalo trace was the only whiskey they were low on.

Sure that it wasn't the liquor store owner in the back room with a paint pen?

Doubtful. The owner likes his whiskey. To the point where he buys any and all special editions he can.
    Even travels down and does barrel tastings and buys the barrels to have exclusive bottles.

I don't partake of whiskey, but a friend does.
    Is this good for mixing?
    He does work on my guns and I'd like to buy some for him.
    He likes to mix with coke.
    I'm a Tito's and grapefruit juice guy myself.

Is this good for mixing?
    This bourbon deserves to be drunk neat, or at most with a drop of spring water. If you want to mix it buy Ancient Age.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
    Is this good for mixing?

I mean... Why?

At that point it's kinda useless to get too caught up in it. The coke is going to completely change the taste.

I don't ever mix anything but maybe a dash of water in my bourbon though. I'm of the opinion that mixing bourbon is a waste of bourbon (and that includes old fashioneds).

Yea that dam Buffalo Trace is hard to get. Ive scored 2 bottles in the last 3 yrs. I have about 10 guys looking out for it from Ks, Tx, to Alabama. It seems to go fast and never enough to go around. Reminds me of ammo. Ill give this a try.

Hayden.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
    They were at our local liquor store (western kansas) signing bottles last year or earlier. Good buddy of mine picked up a couple signed bottles.

I mean... Why?

At that point it's kinda useless to get too caught up in it. The coke is going to completely change the taste.

I don't ever mix anything but maybe a dash of water in my bourbon though. I'm of the opinion that mixing bourbon is a waste of bourbon (and that includes old fashioneds).
    I don't know. Like I said, I don't drink whiskey.

Yea that dam Buffalo Trace is hard to get. Ive scored 2 bottles in the last 3 yrs. I have about 10 guys looking out for it from Ks, Tx, to Alabama. It seems to go fast and never enough to go around. Reminds me of ammo. Ill give this a try.

Hayden.
    6 pack or 12 pack available here…..allegedly. Take those Instagram advertisements with a grain of salt.

IMG_6433.png

I don't know. Like I said, I don't drink whiskey.

Most use Canadian whiskeys for mixing. They're smoother/blander and cheaper.

Take a look in his cabinet next time you're over. That'll tell you what to get him.

Pendleton or Jack are generally what I gift for those that drink wrong.... :ROFLMAO: