• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report horus ATRAGMX program

Re: horus ATRAGMX program

I have the ATRAG-MX and have been very pleased. I use it for three different rifle/scope combinations (a 5.56 w/ a Facon 1-4x, a PAI 308 w/ USO sn3 w/ H25 reticle, and a PAI 7mmWSM w/ a S&B PM2 w/ H25 reticle). Just like steve123 pointed out, it'll be nice when/if they do an update, but that's not to say that the G1 based version is a poor choice. It has a ton more versatility than I expected from it and will give you single shooting solutions in horus, moa, mil, or clicks, and it can also give you a "range card" display which you can copy down or make up little laminated range cards to put on your reference spot of choice. You're able to set up individual rifle/load combos in the "gunlist" and the interface is very user friendly. The most common perception that I see around is that the Horus scopes require their software and vice versa...completely untrue. I am able to use ATRAG-MX with my other scopes just fine. Knowing the theory, the calculations, and all the factors that go into long distance, there may be some more precise programs available, but I don't know if there's one that is more versatile on PDA. If you were looking for a purchase, there's a guy on ar15.com (300ultramag) selling an older version of Atrag-2X for a pretty low price...I don't know if it's still there, but it would save you some money and give you most of the features of MX. -A