• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Horus Blackbird

sam626

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2011
stilwell, kansas
Hey guys, I have been seriously considering a Horus Blackbird for my AR because I am wanting more magnification than the 4x that's on it now.
Does anybody have any real experience with them and would like to pass their thoughts along? Also where is the best place to buy one?

Re: Horus Blackbird

BCP,

help me out here. Have you had lousy experiences with HV customer service? If so, could you explain in what way? Just inquiring since I'm considering whether to get one now or wait for George's G2. PM me if you'd rather. Sure would appreciate your advice. And, yep, 1 yr warranty sucks.

thanks, tony

Never owned one. Uncle bought one for a hunting rifle, sent it in and never got a replacement. Friend bought one at a gun show, it broke, was out of warranty so he was screwed too.

The 3-21 model is a Bushnell scope so Bushnell will warranty it which is different as Bushnell actually honors their warranties.

Horus, they don't have any dealers

Blackbird OUT OF STOCK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: copdoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BCP,

help me out here. Have you had lousy experiences with HV customer service? If so, could you explain in what way? Just inquiring since I'm considering whether to get one now or wait for George's G2. PM me if you'd rather. Sure would appreciate your advice. And, yep, 1 yr warranty sucks.

thanks, tony</div></div>

Wait on the HDMR! It is 4X the Horus scope and has a REAL warranty.

thanks, guys, I'll take your advice
smile.gif
Since I need a scope for my new FN TSR, I reckon I'll just pick up a fixed scope from SS till George's is ready
smile.gif
Thanks for your input to a new shooter