• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Horus H-25 for general use?

RONIN45230

Private
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2003
mi, usa
I'm considering going with the H-25 reticle on a couple USO 3.1-17 T-Pals (lit red).... (the MPR is on my short list also) They'd be on 308s for general tactical use. Anyone use this reticle routinely?, comments?

Re: Horus H-25 for general use?

I used an H25 for three years, in a U.S.O. scope.

One day it occurred to me that the need for high-speed multiple-target engagements was mostly as relatively short ranges. Distance gives you time to dial elevation.

It simultaneously occurred to me that I can shoot my .308 out to 600+ yards using only holdovers from a 100-yard zero, with a scope that has 5 mils of marks below the main reticle.

If that doesn't make sense to you, see this article:

Calculating Holdovers and Holdunders

Look down near the bottom of that article.

So, I sold that scope - the Horus reticle is a $500 option added to the price of most scopes, and it's not worth the money to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....If that doesn't make sense to you, ..... </div></div>

Thanks, It makes perfect sense..... those thoughts came to my mind as well. I was looking at the Mil Gap, MPR, then I thought i'd consider the Horus also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RoninP80</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm considering going with the H-25 reticle on a couple USO 3.1-17 T-Pals (lit red).... (the MPR is on my short list also) They'd be on 308s for general tactical use. Anyone use this reticle routinely?, comments? </div></div>

It's my favorite reticle!

I like using holdovers except when I'm going to shoot at one distance for while,then I dial and use the main crosshair.

Steve

I have Horus reticles in 3 scopes, I love the Horus but will not buy anymore. I somewhat agree with Lindy in that they're not "necassary", but it sure is nice. I just don't feel like it's worth $400 anymore.