• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Horus Raptor

RoverG79

Private
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2007
Madison, MS
I've searched and I know there are some issues with Horus scopes. My friend is thinning his collection and has offered me his new in the box Raptor of 700 dollars.

I want the Hide Hive Mind opinion if this is worth it. It would be sitting on my 300 win mag.

Re: Horus Raptor

New in box? Fully functional? Good Glass? Good knobs? $700? If you are a Horus Vision fan, that is a screaming deal!

It's worth $700... And I'm no real fan of the Horus scopes.

I had a Raptor and it was a good scope for the money.

Aren't these Hakko scopes, just like Springfield used (but without the reticle ofcourse)? I had a Hakko MP scope once, pretty good scope for the money. Their cheaper series were not much to look at though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flying Dutchman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aren't these Hakko scopes. </div></div>

yup

Good scopes but they only honor warranty to the original purchaser for one year unless things have changed in the
few months. I love the reticles. I think they are the best
thing for unk distance shooting. I wish they would up their
CS. A friend of mine had one start losing zero and they told
him to pound sand basically. They weren't in the business of
repairing scopes.