• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Horus Vision Falcon???

springle

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2008
Mountain View, MO
How does the Falcon compare to a NSX 5.5-22x56 as far as clarity and repeatablity? Nightforce is awesome just wish they had the H37 reticle.

Re: Horus Vision Falcon???

Didn't figure it would come close. H37 would be nice for multiple targets under time pressure in competitions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not even close on any front </div></div>

What he said...

I can't say for sure that the Nightforce scopes are any stronger than a Steel tubed Horus Falcon???.Horus Vision says on their website that the Falcon has never failed on the Battle Field.Maybe someone here on SH has a testimony of failure to tell us?

I have both Scopes NF 5.5-22x56 and HV Falcon and like them both.I must admit that Nightforce scopes are TUFF.One day I was shooting prone from the bed of my pickup and needed something.So I got up and stepped over my 34lb gun.I didn't lift my leg high enough and kicked the rifle clean off it's rest and the scope crashed over upside down with the full 34lbs of guns weight on it.To make things worse it fell on a big steel plate that I had under the rear bag.I was sickened!and pissed!I had just bought the scope!Thought for sure it was toast.Thank God,it didn't even change POI and has been a fantastic scope.

If you are not in a big hurry,Nightforce is bringing into production FFP HV reticles into their scope line later this year.They may only have the H-25 reticle though.

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Horus Vision says on their website that the Falcon has never failed on the Battle Field.</div></div>

Couldn't say about that. Plenty have failed in other places, though.

Thanks for the input steve. I didn't about the same thing with my Nightforce. Had it leaned against a counter at a gun shop. Knocked it over on a concrete floor. It fell hard enough that it bent the objective. Went right to check POI and it didn't move one bit.

If it is true that Nightforce is going to offer a HV reticle I think ill wait.

Scott

Scott,

So am I going to be the only shooting a standard old mildot?

jeff

Jeff,

If your shooting with your cyclone can it dont matter.. All I can hope for is you bring the M40 to the next shoot.

I am considering switching to mils at least. Still undecided.

Scott

Thanks for the input steve. I didn't about the same thing with my Nightforce. Had it leaned against a counter at a gun shop. Knocked it over on a concrete floor. It fell hard enough that it bent the objective. Went right to check POI and it didn't move one bit.

If it is true that Nightforce is going to offer a HV reticle I think ill wait.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not even close on any front </div></div>

What he said... </div></div>

Gee J-

I wonder why you and I have the same opinion of the same scope!!

How goes it brother?

It go good Eric, how be you these days?

I won't dog them to bad... I think still use the reticle, only now in USO scopes.

If you don't have the scratch to get that reticle in a nicer scope, the Horus scopes are not bad. Just don't fool yourself into thinking the high price tag gets you a tough scope, I don't care what they advertise...

The glass is good, the reticles cool, the rest of it is just a Hako scope though.

I still run a Horus Raptor on my wifes rig, she just doesn't shoot enough to justify spending almost 3x what I bought the Raptor for. It serves her well. All she does is tote it to a bench or a mat, and has fun. I like to know I can drag my junk through the dirt and it still perform...