• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes HORUS VISION

LongrangeHawk

Private
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2007
Radcliff, KY
I recently bought one of these scopes with the "grid reticle", the H 37 model. Is there a scientific formula out there to figure out which range is each line on the reticle?

Re: HORUS VISION

Yes, you can use ballistic software to get your dope, most software programs allow the use of MILS (which i believe the Horus system uses) otherwise you will need to convert the result.

Take your dope in MOA if you have it, and divide it by 3.438 and that will give you your dope in Mils, to which you can simply hold the appropiate line on the reticle.

Or you can use a free ballistic program and input your caliber, MV, etc and have it output in Mils and that is the line you use.

for a 308 you basically use,

200 - .5
300 - 1.5
400 - 2.2
500 - 3.5

roughly, etc...

I take it you got it used and did not get the software? You might want to check with where you got it to see if they have it.

I highly recommend the use of their ballistic programs.They are made to give you the firing solution fast and easy.Also you can use it for any rifle cartridge combination Horus or not.The ATRAG MP also has a range card feature.

Steve

All these are good answers except they dont answer the question you asked. Each line does not correspond to a range. Not necessarily an even range anyway. Each line is one mil.

If you look at the range card that LowLight posted you'll see that none of the even yardages out to 500 fall on a line.

Its a good system but does take some getting used to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Harold Dale</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you try their site? Play the demo game ,the second one down,playing with the recticle pattern. </div></div>

+1.

You'll learn how to use the reticle after you play the game, actually quite simple but does require you to know the approximate size of target.