• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Houston Area Supressor Shooters - Help needed

TOPO-sniper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2004
League City, TX
Hey guys, those of you with a 5/8x24 threaded .308 want to meet and shoot a little and help me out?

I have two .308 supressors and a GAP bolt rifle;

- one supressor was my first and is "known" to be a little less accurate than some others but it shoots ok with a repeatable POI shift 3/4 MOA at 11 o'clock @ 100 yards.
- the other is pretty new from a well known manufacturer and it groups really well but the POI shift was almost 4 MOA at 4 o'clock @ 100 yards. I asked the mfgr about it and they took it back and said it appeared they missed a final milling step, after "correcting" it I got it back and tried it out yesterday. Still ~4 MOA POI shift but now at 2 o'clock.

Appears taking a little material off from correcting the "missed" step let the can rotate the POI shift a little but did not reduce the magnitude of the shift.

So heres where the favor comes in, I'd like to see if another rifle gets the same results. Is the large POI shift just a combination between my rifle and the can or an issue with the can itself.

Let me know who wants to launch a few. Thanks

Re: Houston Area Supressor Shooters - Help needed

check out thunderbolt68 he lives near you and is a great guy. He may be able to help you