• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Houston- The Ranch TX

my 1k range cost 150 a year but we can shoot after sunset:confused:
Eh it’s worth the juice to me, they got steel galore in like 10 bays, some of the bays are 360, AC lounge areas at the 1k that are stocked with water and soda and best of all I shit you not free beer at the larger club house when your done. It’s nice to be able to take clients ect.....

If anyone else wants to link up out there holler, it’s 20 mins from the house we’re building 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: adubeau
Roger I mean gold and platinum, not silver or that’s how it was explained to me.

Im from MA.

I haven't a clue about that club.

Im just saying some smart accountant figured the cost of membership to include so many beverages to each member.

The only way you get free beer or soda is if you drink beyond the actuarial estimate and consume the beverages of some non drinking member. He is paying for your beer than.

Nothing in life is free.

It's more expensive than most clubs but cheap compared to the money my family pays to use a pool for three months in the year.

is their mile range open yet?
The mile range is open but you are only allowed to shoot it with the owner present or with prior approval when shooting it. It’s fair game out to 1260yds and he’s added another steel range with more props like a car, cargo net and bus you can practice from. He is also in the works on building more shooting bays and some buildings.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
The mile range is open but you are only allowed to shoot it with the owner present or with prior approval when shooting it. It’s fair game out to 1260yds and he’s added another steel range with more props like a car, cargo net and bus you can practice from. He is also in the works on building more shooting bays and some buildings.
Well shit that sounds cool

I just relocated to Texas from So Cal. I’ve been looking for a place to shoot on a regular basis. I currently shoot with a friend who is a member of a private club down in Crosby. It’s nice enough but I can only go when I’m with him. He and I have gone to CCC on several occasions but it’s a 4 hour round trip and membership is something like $800 per year which is nearly on par with this place. I’m in Pearland now and it’s a shorter drive to this place for sure. I’d love to check it out especially if you can shoot around the clock. I don’t have NV yet but it’s in the near future.

Reactions: NFAJohn
I’m a member, Can’t make it today though, only really shoot during the week though for the time being. I’ll be out there tomorrow though at 1130 or so.

John, nice meeting you today! If you wanna shoots NODs im like 200% in, as well as a couple other dudes

John, nice meeting you today! If you wanna shoots NODs im like 200% in, as well as a couple other dudes
Ummmm your left handed like me andddd you like nodz?
1595189685266.gif

Hahaha, I wasnt left handed, the other guy was!
Lol. Ya man good to link up, I’m gonna go Friday morning at 8. August 3rd is the next full moon, be cool to book up a few bays for some fun with lasers. A buddy of mine is Steiner rep and we could get him to bring out some goodies.

For those of us here in the Texas area, do you find it best shoot very early in the AM or later in the afternoon/evening? Or are you guys just shooting through the scorching sun all day lol?

For those of us here in the Texas area, do you find it best shoot very early in the AM or later in the afternoon/evening? Or are you guys just shooting through the scorching sun all day lol?
Mornings with the sun at your back is preferable, but that mirage is always fun to train in. I came off the range at 2 and it was boiling pretty good...shows the wind’s hand pretty well if your shooting from an elevated position like we were.

If you are going to shoot during the day make sure to bring more than one gun, barrel gets damn hot fast!

Most of us who grew up here or been here a while, just go out and shoot. Just carry plenty of water with you. It's not called scorching Heat... It's called welcome to Texas...lol.

I was definitely interested in looking at this place since it's pretty close to me ...sealy, unemployment do to covif nixed that idea... hopefully things will pick up soon, I'll start working again and maybe be able to join.

Most of us who grew up here or been here a while, just go out and shoot. Just carry plenty of water with you. It's not called scorching Heat... It's called welcome to Texas...lol.

I was definitely interested in looking at this place since it's pretty close to me ...sealy, unemployment do to covif nixed that idea... hopefully things will pick up soon, I'll start working again and maybe be able to join.
I've lived in south Texas all my life. I still think it's hot AF. Was just curious how others were doing it...

I think the correct term is it feels like we're four blocks from the Sun ... but today is a nice day, it only feels like we're 5 blocks from the Sun

Haha nice one, never heard it that way before. Yeah, I manage to get accustomed to it and since my work is outdoors, you learn to deal with it anyways.

I've got some brothers in saudi Arabia though, I hear it's hotter over there!

Anyways, didn't mean to sidetrack the thread. If I'm understanding correctly, this range is just west and a slightly south of Houston right? It sounds like a kickass place. If I can find myself working around the Edna, Bay city, Freeport area again, I'd check it out.

Haha nice one, never heard it that way before. Yeah, I manage to get accustomed to it and since my work is outdoors, you learn to deal with it anyways.

I've got some brothers in saudi Arabia though, I hear it's hotter over there!

Anyways, didn't mean to sidetrack the thread. If I'm understanding correctly, this range is just west and a slightly south of Houston right? It sounds like a kickass place. If I can find myself working around the Edna, Bay city, Freeport area again, I'd check it out.
Its a Texas thread, of course it involves discussion of how hot it is 🤣

It’s just west of Eagle Lake on Highway 90

Reactions: stello1001
Definitely miss the Bay City area. A lifetime ago I spent about a year-and-a-half working title and getting leases down there... Great people.

Yep, very hot out there the Middle East... But it's a dry heat. Just like an oven

My favorite part of the membership thus far (only been a member for two weeks) is being able to book a range/spot up to two weeks in advance, online. Not saying that you have to book way in advance just to get a spot on the weekend at one of the many ranges by any means. But it is nice to know that if i'm going to pack up all my shit that I will be able to shoot where/when I want to and not wait around for people to be finished.
I live in Conroe (1hr 40 min drive) and its worth the drive.
Everything is covered in the membership that you could think of, besides paper targets. As mentioned they have mini lodges at the various ranges with bathrooms, stocked fridges, and wifi. The 1k range has a golf cart and spray paint for the targets. It may seem like a lot of money but you have to take into consideration your time etc. To me, its worth it and I'm a cheap ass.

I just applied for membership so I hope to hear back from them this week. I am looking forward to getting out there more often than I currently do and due to my working a DuPont schedule I have lots of time off during the week which is nice.

No tools, but some nails and other random shit. Metal detector let me down so back to Amazon it went!

Just moved to Katy so this is definitely on the list. Looks like it beats the pants off of ACS

So as this bit of a Houston thread (apart from pmclaine’s words of truth) who’s selling the AICS in .308 on Texasguntrader?

I’m on vacation for the next two weeks if anyone is heading out to the Ranch. If you are hit me up I’d love to shoot with some new folks. I’ve got some new glass on the AX and need to start gathering some new dope for the October Treadproof class.