• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

houston, tx

Re: houston, tx

Bayou Rifles is a members only range. The only range in Houston that is open to the public that you can go over 300 is American Shooting Centers.

I like shooting at Bayou. It's about 10 minutes away from my house.
laugh.gif

Bayou does sound pretty cool. Can you setup steel targets at Bayou?

No steel targets there. I went to their orientation for presepective members and chose not to join. The rules were just to restrictive. Going by their rules all of my precision rifles were not allowed. They have a rule about no bullets over .6 BC (there goes the 7mm), one about no NFA weapons (they said I could apply for an exeption and use my suppressed 300, but that is just stupid), and they have a no 338 lapua rule. Thus I didn't see it as being worth my money.

Steel target ranges near Houston, that is the great enigma right now for me. Land is way expensive and west texas is faar. Hard to get excited about paper after you ring steel.

There were some guys near College Station that had some pics up recently of a 1000yd deal they set up. Also call Pete at Precision Barrel Work in Hepstead, he and I were talking about some places recently. (979) 826-2563

I thought there was going to be a lot more shooting ranges in Houston, Tx. It's hard to believe that I shoot steel in the liberal state of Wisconsin and will not be able to in Texas. I guess I'll have to find a friend with some land to shoot on. Thanks for all the suggestions though.

LOL, there's some pretty liberal people in Houston. There's parts of Houston that look like Orange County and some of the people there have the same attitudes. It's just too much city. Anyway, good luck man, I hope you find a place to stretch things out.

I am a member at PSC and you can come as my guest once I get my rifle together some day if you want.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Longshot38</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No steel targets there. I went to their orientation for presepective members and chose not to join. The rules were just to restrictive. Going by their rules all of my precision rifles were not allowed. They have a rule about no bullets over .6 BC (there goes the 7mm), one about no NFA weapons (they said I could apply for an exeption and use my suppressed 300, but that is just stupid), and they have a no 338 lapua rule. Thus I didn't see it as being worth my money. </div></div>

If you're willing to drive a bit, check out the impact zone. It is also a private range but NFA is allowed there for sure. I went to a machinegun/silencer shoot and they had about a dozen MGs firing at the same time. At the time I was there (1.5 years ago) they were building a 500 or 600yd range.

We will hopeful have a private long distance range set up at a friends ranch real soon.He wants to eventually have a small size competition held there with Hide members to attend.from 200 to 1600 yds.

i looked up the greenwood website. looks like everything's dated 07. my boss tried one of the email addresses and it didn't go through. i take it these guys are still around?
what's thier take on steel?
cw

I think that is the silhouette range I keep hearing about. Shit, I might join too if it's only 75 bucks a year.

greenwoodgunclub.org I got info and almost joined last year. Its paper only. They have 600 last I talked to the director. Target pits, etc. Takes two people to do. I passed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 81sfo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We will hopeful have a private long distance range set up at a friends ranch real soon.He wants to eventually have a small size competition held there with Hide members to attend.from 200 to 1600 yds. </div></div>

Good deal! keep us posted.