• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Houston, TX

EddieNFL

SMSgt
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2006
Florida
Be there a couple days. My CCW is honored in TX, but any local ordinances I should be concerned with? TIA

Knives with knuckles (see above) and tomahawks (see – Sec. 46.01 (1)) are not legal to carry in Texas. Anyone under the age of 18 (or over), can carry a knife less than 5.5 inches in length nearly anywhere. If you’re under 18, you can only carry a knife with a blade over 5.5 inches under certain conditions like for example, you’re accompanied by an adult or you’re at home or on your way home. However, any adult can carry any knife over 5.5 inches anywhere other than certain restricted locations (see below). There are some restrictions on locations (hence the term “location-restricted knives”).

That brass knuckle thing is a pain in the ass.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Knives with knuckles (see above) and tomahawks (see – Sec. 46.01 (1)) are not legal to carry in Texas. Anyone under the age of 18 (or over), can carry a knife less than 5.5 inches in length nearly anywhere. If you’re under 18, you can only carry a knife with a blade over 5.5 inches under certain conditions like for example, you’re accompanied by an adult or you’re at home or on your way home. However, any adult can carry any knife over 5.5 inches anywhere other than certain restricted locations (see below). There are some restrictions on locations (hence the term “location-restricted knives”).

That brass knuckle thing is a pain in the ass.
They changed blade laws recently. 5.5in not the rule anymore.

Eta - damnit, i didn't read the whole post.

Inside the Loop--Don't drop the soap or pick up pennies in the street!
Between the loop and beltway 8-- Lock your doors to your car (in most places south and east, do it while you are in it)
Outside of the beltway-- Mostly suburban, 100% that you will encounter a beggar at every single convenience store.

Inside the Loop--Don't drop the soap or pick up pennies in the street!
Between the loop and beltway 8-- Lock your doors to your car (in most places south and east, do it while you are in it)
Outside of the beltway-- Mostly suburban, 100% that you will encounter a beggar at every single convenience store.

So, primary, back-up and a back-up to the back-up?

Thanks for all the tips.

Lived there many years and am fixing to move back in a few weeks. It’s a snake pit and full of assholes and thieves. Hide and lock up everything.

Reactions: QuickNDirty
Can’t carry at / in: bar, zoo, any big place with education designation, church. Watch for 30:06 signs

It's called concealed carry............If you are good at it it doesn't matter where you are.............

Reactions: MCSO1357
You can carry a knife where you can’t carry a pistol. We allegedly must honor the signs when they are regulation. But, if it’s not at the door you enter through, you’re good. In court at least.
Like Marinevet said, you won’t realize that most disregaurd it untill it gets loud.

Off-limit places in Texas for carrying a firearm

Places listed as off limits apply even if you have a Texas license to carry.
Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 8.38.33 PM.png

Out of sight out of mind if you're going to be using any vehicle. Lots of break-ins and the crooks know what typical rental cars look like. You've been warned.
Killen's BBQ in Pearland is phenomenal and always busy. If you want to browse a large collection of guns, check out Collector's Firearms. We also have a metric fuck ton of restaurants in all flavors. You will gain weight here. We also have a bunch of titty bars, jack shacks, and "massage" parlors. Pick your poison..
If you want a prostitute, Bissonnet St near Highway 59 is the place to go. Can't guarantee the quality of girls. But I guess a mouth is a mouth.

Out of sight out of mind if you're going to be using any vehicle. Lots of break-ins and the crooks know what typical rental cars look like. You've been warned.
Killen's BBQ in Pearland is phenomenal and always busy. If you want to browse a large collection of guns, check out Collector's Firearms. We also have a metric fuck ton of restaurants in all flavors. You will gain weight here. We also have a bunch of titty bars, jack shacks, and "massage" parlors. Pick your poison..
If you want a prostitute, Bissonnet St near Highway 59 is the place to go. Can't guarantee the quality of girls. But I guess a mouth is a mouth.
Dude, don't be giving out too much advice, now. People might want to move here which could impact my ability to travel at high speeds.

Reactions: 021411
Worst fucking town in this great state... Only place I have seen somebody pull a gun on somebody else... And it was cause of TRAFFIC.

Leave as fast as you can... I'm stuck in the asshole of Texas today for check scans at md Anderson... But I will be gone as soon as doc tells me I can

Do NOT go unarmed in this town is my advise

Reactions: Stevo86
Worst fucking town in this great state... Only place I have seen somebody pull a gun on somebody else... And it was cause of TRAFFIC.

Leave as fast as you can... I'm stuck in the asshole of Texas today for check scans at md Anderson... But I will be gone as soon as doc tells me I can

Do NOT go unarmed in this town is my advise

Anderson is where I'm headed. In an out as quickly as possible. Is MD Anderson considered a hospital regarding CC?