• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing how about a muzzel break fo my GAP

gumball

Private
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2008
wv
Hey guys
I just got the GAP Sniper Country Limited edition from Hawk Gunner and im torn whether or not just to put a cap on the threaded barrel or get a muzzel break for it. Any Ideas it has a 5/8 x 24 thread

Re: how about a muzzel break fo my GAP

For whats its worth I put muzzle brakes on just about all my centerfire rifles except for the 5.56 ones. Makes recovery so much better. I think the Badger Ord. FTE is threaded that pitch. I use the Thruster ones but they look better when turned to the barrel dia. The FTE you just screw on, time and tighten the clamp.

A vias may be a go route unless you can get shims to time the brake correctly. I believe the FTE even needs the barrel cut to the correct od at the muzzle behind the threads.

Your barrel is threaded but that's only part of it. With the exception of the Vais type with holes all the way around just about any other brake like the Thruster or FTE the installer will need the rifle to do the install.