• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How accurate are Christensen Arms out of the box?

kellyz

Private
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2013
Montana
Looking at a carbon classic in 300 RUM. Wondering if this would be a good choice for a 1000 yard gun? I am looking for the best combination of accuracy, cost and would like to keep the weight under 10 lbs w/ scope. I have always wondered about accuracy of their carbon wrapped barrels. Thanks in advance.

Not all that for the cost. Maybe .75-1 moa in that chamber. It will kick the snot out of you. Any reason for that cartridge? I would do something like a GAP non typical in 300 wsm. I'm not a fan of the RUM family. Too long, to much recoil, barrel burner, unnecessary.

I can honestly say that I couldn't shoot a lightweight 300rum worth a crap regardless of the rifle. I know they are used in Alaska for bears but I don't plan on shooting a bear from extreme range. They are also used for African plains game but again if I can't kill it with a wsm it just wasn't meant to be.