• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How accurate are factory AI barrels?

Lofty

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2008
Lenexa KS
Im thinking about getting my first AI and I was looking at the options chambered in .243 or 6.5 Creedmoor. First question, are any of the barrels chambered in calibers outside of 7.62 Euro barrels? Or are they chambered in the USA?

Secondly, how accurate are they as compared to a custom Bartlien or something similar?

The 243, 260, and 6.5 creed barrels are all AINA bartleins chambered by Dave tooley. As for accuracy, I shot 3 5 shot groups yesterday to chrono and confirm zero for a match with my 243 barrel on my AX and all the groups were one ragged hole. They are very accurate barrels.

That is exactly what I was hoping to hear.

I was thinking order the .243.......shoot the barrel out and then let GAP replace it with a 6 CM.

Gracias sir.

The UK barrels are very accurate. I would put them on par with anything I have ever owned. The others are bartlein and we all know how they shoot.

My AX has an AINA Bartlein chambered by Mr Tooley and it is also just silly accurate. One ragged hole at 100. I have owned several customs that dont have near the accuracy this rifle does.

Another question.....what is the best way for mounting flush cups on a MKIII?

I saw that Viperskins makes a tab that mounts on the back to give two flush cups right/left......but what about front? D I have to replace the skins with Viperskins and order their flush cup options?