• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How are Aero Precision Barrels stamped/marked?

Tim_WNC

Private
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2014
Western NC
I bought an upper that was advertised with an Aero Precision barrel. After receiving it, I have doubts. Can anyone tell me how Aero barrels are roll marked? Specifically does "Aero" get stamped anywhere on the barrel?

It's an 18" 6.5 Grendel, some sort of black coating with flutes. Near the muzzle it's roll marked "6.5 Grendel 1:8". NO other engravings/stamps/markes are on the barrel.

aprh100455-18in-6.5-grendel-stainless-steel-rifle-length-barrel-ss-2.jpg

This is from the Aero Precision website

Aero Precision barrels are made by Ballistic Advantage out of FL. Markings vary by batch.

Has anyone ever seen / owned one with no markings at all on the barrel? I recently bought an upper that has nothing at all on the barrel, the only rifle I own like that. I guess I thought they "had" to be marked / labled.

MG

I bought an upper that was advertised with an Aero Precision barrel. After receiving it, I have doubts. Can anyone tell me how Aero barrels are roll marked? Specifically does "Aero" get stamped anywhere on the barrel?

It's an 18" 6.5 Grendel, some sort of black coating with flutes. Near the muzzle it's roll marked "6.5 Grendel 1:8". NO other engravings/stamps/markes are on the barrel.

....Aero Precision uses barrels produced by their subsidary, Ballistic Advantage. Although BA makes 6.5 Grendel barrels and they do offer a black colored one in their "Premium Black Series", I don't ever recall them offering a fluted option. The Premium Black Series barrels are laser marked same as the picture above, just a lighter colored font, kinda greyish. I've been using BA barrels since 2013 and I've never seen one roll marked or engraved, always laser etched under the handguard area.

...your doubts may be justified....

Last edited:
Reactions: RUTGERS95

I'd check if the font matched BCA barrels... I'm pretty certain they roll mark cartridge and twist near the muzzle with no manufacturer markings.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Thanks y’all, but this thread is coming on 2 years old. That barrel found a new home o er a year ago.