• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors How are Knight's Armament Suppressors for precision?

R.O.U.S.

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2011
WA
With Initiative 1639 coming into effect in Washington state I decided to get off my butt and buy the Knight’s SR25 APC I’ve been wanting for years.

I want to suppress the rifle. I know that Knight’s suppressors have a reputation for being tough with a reliable quick detach, but I can’t seem to find how they compare to other top tier suppressors in terms of helping with precision. Does anyone have any insight?

Also, after I came to terms with Leviathan Suppressors stealing my money, I placed an order for the Thunder Beast 338 SR suppressor. So I'll eventually have that, but I’m not sure if that is going to be a good fit for a 308 AR.

Do you even own a 338 ?

I think your understanding is a bit wrong. None of them help with precision.....but a cheap suppressor can be detrimental to accuracy causing POI shift from taking it off/on......as well as it throwing rounds all over the place. I have a good friend that bought a cheap can...and well he cannot wrap his head around that part.

I have the 556 QD on my knights AR. Other that a POI shift as usual, I can't really say. It still makes small groups, but its an AR, and a knights at that. They only hold 1 moa usually. The guys at TB are not gods...but don't tell the guys on here that. There are many good cans out there, just don't go cheap.

I would get something in QD and a top tier brand. The knights is $$$$$$.....but well...its a knights. Sexy as can be tho. I think I paid 1400 for the can and 300 each for the mams. So about 2200 total. I have no regrets tho. I shoot Dead Air on my bolt's, and that can moves between 3 barrels at any given time. I never re-zero anything. My TB ultra 9's have been in jail for a year, but I only bought those because I wanted something different.

The short of it is this....

Buy a good QD 30 cal suppressor and a 22 cal can in either DA or TB. 22's are just too much fun with one.

Reactions: R.O.U.S.
I have a knights 7.62 can but I grab my omega more often because of its lightweight. It's nice to have more than one can, look at the nomad and nomax. Knights is cool but I don't know if their warranty is as good as dead air or rugged.

Bring your wrench.

Didn't say it couldn't happen. I have tried and it hasn't to me. But the nice thing about a dead air mount is if you have a wrench it will spin itself off pretty easy without unscrewing the mount

I don’t have a wrench in my chest rig. Even a stuck Surefire or NT4 can be removed with bare hands and a live round.

Reactions: Huskydriver
I don’t have a wrench in my chest rig. Even a stuck Surefire or NT4 can be removed with bare hands and a live round.

I doubt the op does either.... And since he's probably running missions your right....kac all the way.

Right, my OPS never got stuck. And even if you aren’t using the gun for work or revolution trust me when you carbon lock a can, don’t have tools and it doesn’t fit in the case without breaking it down you have a problem.

Only cans I have ever carbon locked were on silencerco mounts and aac mounts. I have never carbon locked a can on dead air mount. OP, I never ran missions either so if you can't fit a wrench in bag and are preparing for the boogaloo or operating better stick with @RyanScott suggestions.

Do you even own a 338 ?

I think your understanding is a bit wrong. None of them help with precision.....but a cheap suppressor can be detrimental to accuracy causing POI shift from taking it off/on......as well as it throwing rounds all over the place. I have a good friend that bought a cheap can...and well he cannot wrap his head around that part.

I have the 556 QD on my knights AR. Other that a POI shift as usual, I can't really say. It still makes small groups, but its an AR, and a knights at that. They only hold 1 moa usually. The guys at TB are not gods...but don't tell the guys on here that. There are many good cans out there, just don't go cheap.

I would get something in QD and a top tier brand. The knights is $$$$$$.....but well...its a knights. Sexy as can be tho. I think I paid 1400 for the can and 300 each for the mams. So about 2200 total. I have no regrets tho. I shoot Dead Air on my bolt's, and that can moves between 3 barrels at any given time. I never re-zero anything. My TB ultra 9's have been in jail for a year, but I only bought those because I wanted something different.

The short of it is this....

Buy a good QD 30 cal suppressor and a 22 cal can in either DA or TB. 22's are just too much fun with one.

I don’t own a 338, but I had a TB 50% cert, so I wanted to use it for a big item. I wanted to at least own one “max suppression” suppressor. A lot of folks seem to like the 338 cans and use them on sub calibers.

I thought I knew the difference between accuracy, and precision. I got that bit wrong. I appreciate your input. After thinking about it all day I get the feeling I'm overthinking this. Like you said. Just need a good 30 cal suppressor.

I have a knights 7.62 can but I grab my omega more often because of its lightweight. It's nice to have more than one can, look at the nomad and nomax. Knights is cool but I don't know if their warranty is as good as dead air or rugged.

Which version of the Knight's suppressor do you have? I haven't really thought about weight. The rifle I have has a heavy barrel, and I shoot recreationally at a range.

For the rest of the comments. I'm not sure what is going about missions. I'm a recreational shooter. I don't have a chest rig.

I'm not sure how I feel about Dead Air cans, but using a simple tool to fix a stuck mount is preferable than something that doesn't.

Last edited:
I have the kac qdc 7.62 long can. I shoot recreationally as well, but its just nice to stay away from carrying a long heavy joust. The omega is fatter but shorter and lighter.

Dead air will take care of you, just look at the reviews of ppls repair process. The idea of quick attach stopped mattering to me bc I usually shoot with the can for a full day or keep it on.

Knights mounts and cans are extremely expensive and there are better options out there. But if there's an itch that makes you want it, just scratch it.

Last edited:
Don't over think it bud. I have a QDC suppressor because I shoot only Knight's AR's. So yes I did get a can to match them. They are not the quietest, nor the lightest, but they are built like tanks. Hence the reason I considered it a life time purchase.

I do feel the 338 can is a waste, but its your money. I have a 338 LM also and rarely shoot it. 50 rounds at the range will beat you to death. A 6 or 6.5 is where the money is at. Shoot all day with no fatigue.

First can purchase should be a 30 cal and a 22LR. 22's are just too much fun while waiting for your barrel to cool off and plinking around. I would go TB or DA. I shoot the DA Ti on my bolts now with no shift from off/on. Also, I have 2 TB 6.5 ultra 9's in jail for the last year that are the CB mount. Since I shoot mostly 6/6.5 I wanted the most suppression possible.

Dead Air makes very nice cans, don't be afraid of them. I know everyone here says just buy TB, but what you will find is the "tone" makes more difference than ~1.1 DB less over another can.

There is a guy that comes to the local matches that has a can with ports on the front edge of it ??...and somehow I usually get put next to him.... HE BLOWS MY FUCKING EARS OUT...so much that I have to put my ears on with all of us shooting suppressed. It's very sharp and high pitched. Don't be one of those guys. Also, while the harvestor is a good can, the tone is not that low with it. Both TB and DA cans are all low tone's and meter well.

Since this is going to be your first can purchase, I would do this:

If it will spend most of its time on an AR platform, get the Knights QD or Sandman L QD.

If your going to toggle it between a bolt and semi, get the Sandman L QD

If you want to future proof yourself...well get the Sandman L as total cost of ownership will be less. Mams get pricey after you have to buy one for every new gun you add to your stable.

If you want a Knight's can, go buy a SR15 and throw the 556 QDC on it to satisfy yourself.

For the 22lr, either buy the TB or DA, they are almost the exact same design and sound the same.

After you get your first can, you will wonder why you did not do it sooner...which leads to you buying more cans. Hardly anyone has just 1 can.

Personal notes.....

I now do not like shooting with guys who are not suppressed.
wtf !!! Why did I not do this sooner, I have bad hearing anyway.
I have 7 now, and will continue to add more.
The wait sucks donkey doo. I"m glad I did not buy just one when I started this journey. You will feel like crying after you shoot one for a day. More is better.
As a KAC fanboy, I 'm glad I have one for my AR's, but I do not think I would like using it for all long guns.
22LR suppressed shooting rocks !!!

Let me know what ya think bud. Everyone's journey is different.

Don't over think it bud. I have a QDC suppressor because I shoot only Knight's AR's. So yes I did get a can to match them. They are not the quietest, nor the lightest, but they are built like tanks. Hence the reason I considered it a life time purchase.

I do feel the 338 can is a waste, but its your money. I have a 338 LM also and rarely shoot it. 50 rounds at the range will beat you to death. A 6 or 6.5 is where the money is at. Shoot all day with no fatigue.

First can purchase should be a 30 cal and a 22LR. 22's are just too much fun while waiting for your barrel to cool off and plinking around. I would go TB or DA. I shoot the DA Ti on my bolts now with no shift from off/on. Also, I have 2 TB 6.5 ultra 9's in jail for the last year that are the CB mount. Since I shoot mostly 6/6.5 I wanted the most suppression possible.

Dead Air makes very nice cans, don't be afraid of them. I know everyone here says just buy TB, but what you will find is the "tone" makes more difference than ~1.1 DB less over another can.

There is a guy that comes to the local matches that has a can with ports on the front edge of it ??...and somehow I usually get put next to him.... HE BLOWS MY FUCKING EARS OUT...so much that I have to put my ears on with all of us shooting suppressed. It's very sharp and high pitched. Don't be one of those guys. Also, while the harvestor is a good can, the tone is not that low with it. Both TB and DA cans are all low tone's and meter well.

Since this is going to be your first can purchase, I would do this:

If it will spend most of its time on an AR platform, get the Knights QD or Sandman L QD.

If your going to toggle it between a bolt and semi, get the Sandman L QD

If you want to future proof yourself...well get the Sandman L as total cost of ownership will be less. Mams get pricey after you have to buy one for every new gun you add to your stable.

If you want a Knight's can, go buy a SR15 and throw the 556 QDC on it to satisfy yourself.

For the 22lr, either buy the TB or DA, they are almost the exact same design and sound the same.

After you get your first can, you will wonder why you did not do it sooner...which leads to you buying more cans. Hardly anyone has just 1 can.

Personal notes.....

I now do not like shooting with guys who are not suppressed.
wtf !!! Why did I not do this sooner, I have bad hearing anyway.
I have 7 now, and will continue to add more.
The wait sucks donkey doo. I"m glad I did not buy just one when I started this journey. You will feel like crying after you shoot one for a day. More is better.
As a KAC fanboy, I 'm glad I have one for my AR's, but I do not think I would like using it for all long guns.
22LR suppressed shooting rocks !!!

Let me know what ya think bud. Everyone's journey is different.

Great write up. Good points here.

I think I may have given the wrong impression. This isn't going to be my first suppressor. I just haven't received the tax stamps for the other stuff yet (556 cal)

A 338 suppressor might be a waste, but with the way things are going I would rather have it and not need it than the other way around. I'm sure I can find a good use for it.

The suppressor you mentioned in your PRS comment sounds like a Silencertech. Don't worry, that isn't something I'm interested in.

Thanks for taking the time to write this out. I have a local shop that has both Dead Air, and a Knight's CRS so I will need to go check that out.

Last edited:
I did not expect this afternoon to go the way it did. The Dead Air stuff looks nice, but there wasn't anyway for me to play with the mount.
The store let me mount the CRS on my rifle. I was sold, and went ahead and bought it.

New CRS.JPG

What 556 can did ya get ?

Knight's QDC CQB. I have a Daniel Defense rifle I'm not happy with that I'm going to eventually replace with a SR15. I kind of went backwards and bought the suppressor first.

Last edited:
Good choice. The little knights can is supposed to be something like 147 dB which is just fine by me. You can shoot it in a car and you won’t have blood coming out of your ears.

I have a Kac MK23 for my HK Mark 23, and a Kac MP5SD NAVY for my HK MP5SD - these cans are built like tanks for combat, not precision.

I did not expect this afternoon to go the way it did. The Dead Air stuff looks nice, but there wasn't anyway for me to play with the mount.
The store let me mount the CRS on my rifle. I was sold, and went ahead and bought it.

View attachment 7103909

Knight's QDC CQB. I have a Daniel Defense rifle I'm not happy with that I'm going to eventually replace with a SR15. I kind of went backwards and bought the suppressor first.

Yup, sexy as hell bud !!!!! I understand the whole kac thing.

I will agree with you on the DD ar, while I know they are good, none of them have ever felt right to me. I kind of rank AR's like this. KAC best of the best, Noveske for outstanding fit,finish,accuracy...and BCM as the go to no frills drive it like you stole it, throw it in the trunk, best price point for a war weapon. All 3 of those run like sewing machines on any ammo.

Craigos said it best. ^^^ "these cans are built like tanks for combat, not precision. "

BIG congrats.....and now the long wait begins....