• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision How are the Trijicon thermal scopes these days?

1911guy

Private
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2008
San Diego
I don’t hear much about Trijicon thermal scopes these days? How do they stack up to Nvision and the other high end scopes?

They’re great but they don’t provide onboard recording. That’s a deal breaker for some people.

Excellent no BS scopes that has zero frills.

IMO Nvision has vastly surpassed them with built in rangefinder, on board recording with video, and sound. Longer warranty and same price. Nvision uses the same BAE core and has the same rock solid zero.

Really no reason to buy a Trijicon unless you got a smoking deal and didn't want or need the luxuries of the Nvision.

Reactions: diggler1833

IMO Nvision has vastly surpassed them with built in rangefinder, on board recording with video, and sound. Longer warranty and same price. Nvision uses the same BAE core and has the same rock solid zero.

Really no reason to buy a Trijicon unless you got a smoking deal and didn't want or need the luxuries of the Nvision.
not to mention reticle options on nvision

Reactions: Kino

^Yep. They "Leupolded" themselves.

Came out with a fantastic product many years ago...sat on it with zero innovation while other companies surpassed them.

Biggest hindrance for the Trijicon lineup are warranty and battery.

The newer Nvisions have a 5 year transferable warranty and the rechargeable 18650 battery options.

Unless something has changed that I am missing…..Trijicon has a 3 year warranty for the original owner only and still use CR123 batteries…..unless one wants to use a cable and a battery pack.

Reactions: Kino
Having owned Trijicon & N-Vision thermals, Trijicon has sat fat & lazy on their product, while the rest of the world has surpassed them. They’re expensive, heavy, & they eat CR123s like crack. It’s a very good product, but I would avoid them unless you got a smoking deal. They’re CS PALES in comparison to N-Vision. FWIW

Last edited:
I’m surprised they haven’t updated their products in so long, maybe SHOT 2024? Their UTC Xii was incredible for a decade ago (and still very relevant today)

i do believe that the latest iterations of trijicon do support external powering through a standard non proprietary jack and also have a some updated reticles but overall yes, they have dicked the dog for too long.

Sorry to resurrect a thread but this is my issue at the moment. In the above comments, I see 'smoking deal' mentioned but unsure what that means exactly. Currently, I can get a Trijicon Hunter 35 and a 'free' Tenmile optic (worth conservatively about $1K) with an out the door price of just shy of $6K.
I'm really inclined to buy it but curious if there's a better option? I don't care about video recording or other doodads, just want it to be robust and dependable. Happy to look at others but haven't seen anything yet that seems to be a better optic/deal.

A “smoking deal” is subjective. There are strings attached with that “free scope”. You’ll need to pay taxes on it, plus give up some personal information. There is a thread about this. N Vision uses a BAE, & it’s lighter as well. My robust Mark 3 35mm Hunter shit the bed in really cold weather, but it yielded a good picture. CS from Trijicon was like pulling teeth, but not as bad as Eotech🙄. Personally, I would look at a good deal on a N-Vision Halo or a Nox35

Last edited:
Until you factor in Trijicon’s BAE contract thermals — SkeetIR-X, UTM-X, and UTC-Xii.

Then it’s Game Over. Trijicon wins.

That's Horta-Level stuff....not for mere mortals like me. I'm in the $6K range tops regretfully; two kids in college plus I gotta save money for a golf trip to the 2025 Open at Royal Portrush!!