• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Optics How are Trades Typically Handled?

J_D

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 6, 2022
    TX
    Do you just send the other person your item, and receive theirs? Just curious as I see a lot of traded items and trade requests.

That’s for you and the other person to figure out. HMFIC is pretty clear on personal dealings here, they are personal.

Do you just send the other person your item, and receive theirs? Just curious as I see a lot of traded items and trade requests.
    Agree on trade terms, talk, text, ship your item. If someone offers you a trade in lieu of cash, then you might have them ship their item first since you normally wouldn’t ship the item you’re selling without having the $$ first. I’ve traded a lot, always just ship at the same time and it’s always worked out. Make sure both insure.

Some Hide Bible learning for ya:

2nd Hide 2:7-8

We trade by faith not by sight. We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the transaction than absent from the hardware.

Whoever posted the ad sends his item after receiving the item from the other party that responded to the ad. The second parties trade is the same as if he bought the item with cash. No difference. Purchaser sends cash/trade and the seller sends the item once the trade/cash is received.

Reactions: valsport
    Depends how well I know the member. I’ve done multiple high end deals on here with several very good members. Many of which I talk to outside of the px regularly. If I trade with them we just send items and trust one another

For new members or those I haven’t dealt with it goes like wade said in the post above. I’ve had good luck with trades in the past but usually just request $$ and buy whatever I want now

I've never traded, but when I make an expensive purchase I talk to the person on the phone first, ask questions about the Item and get his full name. THEN I request a picture of the Item being sold taken with his car registration and/or a Utility bill and I tell him I'm only sending the money to the address on the documents provided. I've never had anyone balk .

I don't trade or really deal at all with dudes who don't have good feedback, and a good amount of it. I've traded many times on here and I am pretty sure I sent out my item the next day as well as the other guy, both just on the others word. Never had even a little issue.

Feedback is the key.

Reactions: TicTacTex
    Check feedback, talk on phone, ask for photographs that aren’t easily photoshopped. Ask questions that scammers don’t know shit about. Have a bit of faith in mankind. Between buying and selling I’ve completed easily over 100 transactions on here, and out of that I’ve never had a single issue. I did have one scammer try to get me when I made a WTB post, but I checked feedback (nothing recent), asked to talk on phone (made excuses not to), asked for photographs that are hard to photoshop (and got shitty photoshopped photos), and asked questions the scammer didn’t know shit about (and got stupid answers). Using those parameters it was easy to spot the scammer, then I hit the report button on their name and they were properly removed! Easy as that!

Unbeknownst to the buyer I always send a sperm sample in the packaging. That way if there’s any questions after they have the needed info at on their fingertips

• Wow
    Reactions: TicTacTex