• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition How are you keeping track or your come-ups

Coyotejunki

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Are you just writing it on a piece of paper and taping it to the stock, or you making some kind of laminate card and writing all the clicks for 100, 200, 300, 400 yards etc. and hanging it from the scope bases?

Looking for a good practical solution to keep track of these numbers.

Re: How are you keeping track or your come-ups

www.impactdatabooks.com

Pick the pages you need and make a modular book.

Also stop thinking in clicks and use the graduation your scope is in. MOA, Mil or IPHY.

I went to dollar store and bought some bound journal books. One for each rifle. I write following information so I can get basic idea for next match
1. Ammo ( powder, bullet OAL)
2. Where I am shooting
3. Round count
4. Elevation needed for what ranges
5. Final score

I will have several pages for different bullets and keep track of total rounds. I start to get an idea of when barrel is going south by doing this.

Its cheap and works well

I like taping a quick reference in my rear scope cap, laminated cards on a lanyard, and a dope book.

I ran the bullets I shoot in JBM and printed it out. I keep it in the back of my range book (just a bound journal) The only time it is even remotely needed is shooting a Full Bore course where you only get 2 sighters at 900 and 1000 so knowing your come ups helps. It is nice to hit a 10 with your first sighter, but really if you just come up 5 from 800 to 900 and another 5 to 1000 you'll be in the black and can dial the second one in.

I have tried most of the methods listed above, to include just writing in pencil on the side of the receiver (stainless action, so it could be seen).

An Avery self-stick label inside the rear scope cap works pretty well, but I have recently started keeping all my come-ups in a small spiral bound Rite-in-the-Rain pocket sized notebook. It stays in the bag that goes with me to the firing line, so whichever rifle I'm shooting that day, I've got the dope for it. Stickie inside the scope cap serves as a backup.

I mainly shoot F Class Open, but have been known to shoot F T/R and Across the Course occasionally. Since these are Known Distance events, my list of come-ups only include (from a 100yd zero) 200,300,500,600, and 800,900 & 1000.

All my scopes are MOA adjust and all my come-ups are recorded in MOA. Target scoring rings are laid out in MOA, so it just kinda makes sense to not complicate things.

If I were to venture into the UKD world I would probably still keep the same type of info available to me, but I would go with a rangefinder set in meters, have a mil-mil scope and record all my come-ups in mils for every 50 meters out to whatever maximum was appropriate. All that data might require a chart of some kind taped to the stock or a card tied on.

Just Sayin'
Paul

i use a spiral index card set with come ups in clicks and moa with my zero at 300 it gives me a starting point to start with. the first across the course i shot dailed it down for 100 and adjusted 2 clicks for bulls eye then went pretty much off the card out to 1000 hit the black on the first shot(1st time shooting past 300 shot).going to do it for my other 2 rifle for the match the end of this month.