• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

How are you throwing small charges on ATV3's? For Subsonic loads.

jrhtx

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2006
Houston, TX
Any tips on throwing small charges on the ATV3? Or can you?

Loading some 357 Mag subs and tried to throw 6-11 gr of Unique or H110.
The AT main throw won't go that low so I tried to use just the trickler. Very slow.
Do you adjust the angle of the trickler down to the cup to get a faster charge?
It was getting late and I didn't try the angle change yet.
Ended up using the Chargemaster because I needed to get finished.

I just use the trickler on my blackout with ball powder. 12gr can be dispensed by the time I seat a bullet in the prior case so its not slow enough it messes up my work flow.

Reactions: Steel head
You can adjust the angle of the tube and the speed of the trickler for the last 1-1/2 grain. You can also play around with different insets in the end of the tube. But if you want good repeatability it won’t be very fast with powders like Unique.

Any tips on throwing small charges on the ATV3? Or can you?

Loading some 357 Mag subs and tried to throw 6-11 gr of Unique or H110.
The AT main throw won't go that low so I tried to use just the trickler. Very slow.
Do you adjust the angle of the trickler down to the cup to get a faster charge?
It was getting late and I didn't try the angle change yet.
Ended up using the Chargemaster because I needed to get finished.
I use the Lee dippers to throw a small charge with my V3 unit. For example, I use 4.4gr of TiteGroup for a .38spl load for my revolvers. The Autothrow on the V3 would never throw a charge that small. So the small dipper throws approximately 3.75gr, and the Auto Trickler does the rest. It works very well for me. I also do it the same way for other small charges such as 6.0gr, 7.0gr, etc. (just with larger dipper scoops).