• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s How big is too big???? Samsung, are you compensating for something? 17 1/2'

hermosabeach

Invite new Gun owners to the range in 2021
Minuteman
219" TV

https://www.anandtech.com/show/1385...and-75inch-micro-led-ultrahd-tvs-demonstrated

Samsung at CES 2019: 219-Inch and 75-Inch Micro LED Ultra-HD TVs Demonstrated
Samsung showcased its new ultra-large television with a 219-inch diagonal at CES 2019. Dubbed “The Wall”, the TV uses the company’s Micro LED technology that offers very high brightness and deep inky blacks, essentially competing against OLED TVs when it comes to picture quality. Separately, Samsung introduced its 75-inch Micro LED Ultra-HD TV aimed at general consumers.
The new 219-inch “The Wall” TV features an unknown resolution that is higher than 4K as well as 2,000 nits brightness. The television runs an unknown Samsung processor (presumably a version of the company’s Quantum Processor 8K that powers QLED-based Q900-series 8K UHDTVs) that supports the manufacturer’s AI upscaling tech along with other premium capabilities. Just like the Q900, “The Wall” can blend with surroundings to match style of the interior, a feature that Samsung is especially proud of. The TV can be controlled using a special tablet.

1548277557936.png

1548277571042.png

https://www.kulr8.com/news/inch-tel...cle_a425458e-153a-11e9-ad42-b70d18e2e161.html

https://www.techradar.com/news/samsungs-monstrous-microled-tv-will-be-available-in-75-and-219-inches

yup 17 1/2 FEET- diagonal

Reactions: Barneybdb
No price and possibly available to select customers only.... I have the wall space for “The Wall” but I’m not special enough

I used to have a really nice one, 102” screen. Still just not up to the level of a good tv

I think I might get one and mount it to the ceiling above my bed and if i like it get another for my special room.

I read that they will be for Commercial customers only to start and will likely run $100k or more.
This. Seen a lot of very large screens in conference rooms I'm not invited to sit down in, other special presentation space.

They can replace rear (or front!) projection systems so there's use for them, if you really have the need/money.

Maybe my eyes suck, but I personally can't tell the difference between 1080p and 4K resolution. Then again I'm an old school gamer and currently rocking a PC game from back in 1993 on my 1080p monitor. I'm so gangsta aren't I? :cool:

Maybe my eyes suck, but I personally can't tell the difference between 1080p and 4K resolution. Then again I'm an old school gamer and currently rocking a PC game from back in 1993 on my 1080p monitor. I'm so gangsta aren't I? :cool:
I can tell the difference, but only with top notch source. So much is streaming, etc. that who cares.

And... 1080? My setup is thrilling to most people, best HT they have seen, and it's 720p! Plasma! I have plasma still!

7.1 helps.

I thought that, but it draws less than you'd think. I have some metering on the power system and forget the numbers, but not that much. I ran it while on generator the other week, and it was never a problem, at all.

But, I also don't just leave it on to have artsy screensavers or ambient TV. Yeah, sometime we'll replace it, but currently the "plan" is the toddler will throw something through it.