• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How 'bout some pics of your M40-M40A3 clones/info

libertyman777

Are you gonna eat that....
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2007
Heflin, Alabama
I know there's a major difference between the M40 and the current M40A3 but that's about all I know.

If ya'll don't mind sharing, I'd like to know what they cost as well and if you went custom a piece at a time or had the entire rifle built at once by a custom shop.

Paul

Re: How 'bout some pics of your M40-M40A3 clones/info

SEARCH for pics..there's loads ! Cost can vary greatly depending on where you find parts and who builds it.

Well I tried but don't seem to have much luck using the search function here. If I type in +umsc+m40a3 I'll get 8 pages and lots of it are the same question posts that I'm asking or worse, about WM's and risky sex.

I'm probably a bonehead but I can't get the search function here to work for crap.

But thanks for the link.

Paul

I'd like info on all three. So there wasn't an A2?

Paul

I think we went over this once before. The was the M40 (Rem built, basically a varmint special sans checkering), the M40A1 (USMC built, McMillan HTG stock, #7 barrel) and the M40A3 (USMC built, McMillan A4 stock and #7 barrel).
The M40A2 was a disignation already given by the Corp.to a recoiless rifle, 80mm I think.

Many differences:
I'm going to skip the M40 (standard varmint barrel, redfield scope)

M40A1: Cost prob in the neighborhood of 6-7000, HTG stock, MST scope, many barrel makers, 6 digit receivers plus C and I think E

M40A3: about the same maybe a bit more, A4 stock, S&B scope.
Barrels are Schneider, standard Remington G receivers

Lugs, mounts etc are different as well.

You should really talk to a builder if you are that interested. I knew what I was doing and still had a few changes once I started talking to my 'smith.
Chad

If you want any of the three then be prepared to spend alot of $$$$. I have had my build in progress for 13 months, started with ordering a stock from McMillan and then ordering the scope from USO. McMillan does not require a deposit to place an order but USO does, 50% down and then pay the rest whenever it is finished or along the way. I bought the M70 bottom metal from Williams, had to wait about 4 months to get that part alone, I found an early rifle at a local shop to use for the build and sent the parts off to GA Precision in December. So far I have paid GAP about 70% of what the work is going to cost just so there will not be a problem paying the balance when it is due. All together I am into my M40A1 project for about $6000 as of right now and more will be required, I expect to have the whole thing done by mid summer give or take a while. I would only say that you need patience if you do it this way, otherwise just cruise the classifieds and wait for one to pop up. The worst thing about getting it right now is paying for it all right now, I don't think I could have pulled that one off.
Here is a pic of my stock, since you asked for photos and this is all I have so far....
DSC_4123.jpg

Just got mine today. M40A3 100% correct built by Eric Reid.
She's a beauty.
IMG_0305.jpg

DSCN1135.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: libertyman777</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow. Eric Reid huh? Does he have a website?

Paul </div></div>

From what I have read, this is his latest website

www.marines.com