• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

how can I cancel notifications

Unknown

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2009
Pacific Northwest,USA
I have cancelled all notifications in my profile, yet every time I log in here, I am told that I have notifications to any thread I may have posted in. I am also told that I subscribed to various threads when all I have done is post in them. Please help me fix this system so I don't get notices about subscriptions I have never subscribed to, and notifications I am not interested in receiving.

I dunno whats wrong with my setup but I'm subscribed to threads I've never even posted in, its like if I even click to read a thread I automatically subscribed to it. I've got like 1000 notifications because of it. Ugh..,..

it is irritating enough that I don't come here as much as I otherwise would. I finally thought I should at least ask, and maybe there is a simple fix...other than just staying away.

I get subscriptions to threads that get posted while I sleep.
In the last week or so, I've been subscribed to threads that I'm completely unaware of.
Checking the subscribe tab, shows not subscribed.
I've even tried subscribing and then unsubscribe and that doesn't work either.
I'm stumped

I get subscriptions to threads that get posted while I sleep.
In the last week or so, I've been subscribed to threads that I'm completely unaware of.
Checking the subscribe tab, shows not subscribed.
I've even tried subscribing and then unsubscribe and that doesn't work either.
I'm stumped

Be careful. You might wake up with no legs.

More red wine and you wont give a shit. Good night all.

I'm currently showing 244 notifications. Unless it's a PM, I just ignore them.

Somebody might be concerned that the board software is tied up churning out pointless notifications.

Decided to look around and found out I was subscribed to the bear pit.
I found it by opening the pit and at the top it showed that i was subscribed to the forum itself.
I just un clicked it, so we'll see what happens