• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing How can I paint a bell and Carlson stock

bergman0311

Private
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2014
Malvern, PA
I just took possession of a new bell and Carlson stock and was wondering how I can paint it so it isn't black? Has anyone painted one before?

My guess is permanent flat spray paint but was wondering if there was a more professional route to take.

Semper Fi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krylon, cerakote, send it to shortbus or usgunworks.

Couple options. There are some pic threads under the photography section here on the hide for the last two if you are looking for pro work.

Last edited:
Krylon, cerakote, send it to shortbus or usgunworks.

Couple options. There are some pic threads under the photography section here on the hide for the last two if you are looking for pro work.

I thought cerakote only worked on metal?

Nope I have plenty of magpul parts that are cerakoted. If it's a really flexible plastic I wouldn't do it but a hard plastic works just fine, I have had no chipping or peeling at all.

Nope I have plenty of magpul parts that are cerakoted. If it's a really flexible plastic I wouldn't do it but a hard plastic works just fine, I have had no chipping or peeling at all.

Awesome!!! Thanks so much for the help!!

338.jpghydro stock.jpg

You can use Cerakote H series on most stocks however some are made out of foam (HS Precision) and the polymers will "reignite" at 150 degrees, therefore an air cure will have to be used. A hydro dip is also an inexpensive route such as the multi cam and carbon fiber that we did.

Attachments

• 001 Framed.jpg
    001 Framed.jpg
    618.4 KB · Views: 76
Hydro dip it in your color or pattern of choice.
The rattle can paints are cheap and can look good depending on your artistic flair. Aluma-hyde II is epoxy paint and pretty tough stuff with a long drying time if durabiility is an issue.