• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear How can I upgrade this Manfrotto Tripod?

AlphaThree

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2020
BD2C4636-8C0B-44C6-8B2D-54357E5E77D8.jpeg
What options do I have to allow me to shoot from the prone off this tripod? I would basically need some kind of ball head or leveling base that will accept the Manfrotto legs. The legs will allow a prone position but the center post that the ball head screws into is about two feet tall so I can’t get completely flat. Does something like this exist? I would rather spend $300 to upgrade this tripod than $1000 on a new one. Any help would be much appreciated.

The tripod that you have in that picture can get as low as this one. PM if you need help doing that.

1637968238050.jpeg

Maybe Contact Manfrotto and ask if they have an apex/base that will fit those legs, but that doesn't have a center column? Or maybe just cut that thing down? Manfrotto doesn't strike me as the type of company that will have a solution for those legs... but I could be wrong.

I know you said you didn't want to put another tripod... but just an fyi ProMediaGear is running 15% off US made Carbon Fiber Tripods... I just got one for photography and it's pretty nice

The tripod already puts the center column at 90 degrees, min height is 3.5”. Undo the screw, lift the column all the way and press the small button at the base of the column, list until it passes the collar and it will then tilt to,90 degrees and you can run it in or out as needed. There Is even a 90 degree adapter to get your head back to ‘normal’ orientation, I use that with my gear head for example.