• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How did you meet your s/o??

Alabusa

Learning
Minuteman
  • Jan 1, 2018
    Muscle Shoals, Alabama
    In this season of thanks,giving and family....how did you meet your significant other and how long have you been together?

My wife was a majorette in high school and I stole her baton. To get it back, she had to come to my house. That was the spring of 1988 so it has been almost 32 years and still going strong.

This pic was taken that spring...
    FB_IMG_1512430262354.jpg

Awesome.

I met mine in high school. Had mutual friends and we all ate lunch together for a year and a half at school, I worked at a flower store and I told her I would pick her up at 7 for homecoming formal. I didn’t ask, lol. Celebrating 20 years this weekend. She is much better looking than I.

BD6AED3E-55AB-425C-9ADA-633DFA668233.jpeg

She picked me up hitchhiking home from the beach after my truck got towed for illegal parking. First hitchhiker, and look at the trouble it brought her. 35 years living we me. ??

Sitting in the car with ultra short Daisy Dukes on, I thought she must have been six feet tall. She's actually 5' 8" (as am I) , but she has a 34 inch inseam. Been a wonderful 35 years.

Mike-n-Brenda.gif.ce94536b2df64c7fcf30ce1feeb0baac.gif

Last edited:
    First time I was sloppy drunk at a college party and made some smart assed comments about her boyfriend being a douchebag.

Few months later a mutual friend introduced us and she had a "hey, you're that dumbass" moment. Turns out I was right, she found out her boyfriend had several other relationships and going on.

And now, 12 years later, whenever I do something stupid and embarrassing I just remind her that she knew what she was getting into.

Last edited:
    She was hanging out with my Business Partner who was a douche. I told him if he didn't treat her right I'd steal her *before* he could get his hands across the State Lines and I did. Married 40 years now and I'd do it again.

VooDoo

I met my wife through Facebook. Her brother had married a friend of mine and after he friended me, she saw me and started talking to me. After we dated a while we found out that she had pulled me over for speeding about 10 years earlier while she was working in Northern Michigan and I was on my way up to see my folks. It will be 9 years together in Feb.

She saw my ass hanging out the window of a Ford Explorer going down I-74 toward Cincinnati, mooning the car she was riding in, while we were in college.

After my friend dumped her for the second time (six months after I had told her “I don’t know who’s dumber, him for asking you out again or you for saying yes”), we became better friends and eventually got together.

Married 13.5 years now.

23843369_10109285908022818_6016445150395940463_n.jpg

Last edited:
    Every Sat I’d wait outside the women’s correctional facility and offer them a ride home. The rest is history.

So were you one of the guys hanging out with Gérard Depardieu in that French film then?
    I hope he wasn't too messed up by the first one he tried not working out so well... or well maybe the whole not having to call the next day worked out okay as well?

• Haha
    Reactions: 1J04
    In this season of thanks,giving and family....how did you meet your significant other and how long have you been together?

My wife was a majorette in high school and I stole her baton. To get it back, she had to come to my house. That was the spring of 1988 so it has been almost 32 years and still going strong.

This pic was taken that spring...View attachment 7208694

that was a smart move, who would have thought to steal a baton hahaha

Reactions: 1J04
    Some mutual friend of ours owed her 3 bucks, she saw me leaving their house one day as she was going there. She told them she would forgive the debt if if they got her a date with me. They did.

Later we moved to Arizona and were staying with her sister. She started talking about getting married, I said," I don't even have a job". "Maybe we can talk after I do". Not five minutes later I got a phone call, your hired can you start Monday? I was effed.

We drove to Vegas and got married. They did not even ask for ID. For years after, I told her we are not really married, they did not even ask for ID. One day I come home from work and blam she hits me with a marriage cert from Vegas. She mailed away for it. See we are married. That was thirty five years ago. So I am in 35 years of a life sentence. :)

I still tell her she got me drunk and took me to Vegas.

1996, she was a student teacher and I was substitute school nurse while getting paramedic ticket. Her lead teacher said 'we need band-aids from the nurse's office' while upending the box into the trash bin. Didn't speak for a few months after (don't even think I knew her name!) but needed a last minute date for a Jimmy Buffett concert so called down the coconut telegraph. She still keeps me around, I must be a stallion in bed.

@Alabusa you’re a hopeless romantic.

met my wife in college at UT. She was/is way out of my league. reconnected through a friend and were married within a year.

she can outshoot half my buddies. Here she is with a .50 AE.

Attachments

• BFDAFCEB-C5BE-451E-8228-7FC79AD8A835.jpeg
      BFDAFCEB-C5BE-451E-8228-7FC79AD8A835.jpeg
      318.4 KB · Views: 156
    • C8AB0175-6933-4B5A-B955-C3B7B9E8B82E.jpeg
      C8AB0175-6933-4B5A-B955-C3B7B9E8B82E.jpeg
      434.7 KB · Views: 158
    My wife and I have pretty much known eachother forever. She was my main bully all throughout pre-school and early elementary school. We officially hooked up during 5th grade and then a year later after my time in Juvenile Hall we took things way more seriously. After a nasty UFC style fight we had at the age of 13 we got back together and became soulmates and the rest is history.

Was supposed to get set up with my buddy's wife's cousin at a summer party. He knew I didn't want any part of her but they invited her anyway. Well, she brought a coworker with her. Hot little thing with an ass made of sugar and sunshine. Been together ever since.

I like dating other guys wives then your not bound to one woman for the rest of your life. Only pit fall is the jumping out windows thing when you hear that front door open, I'v learned to never take off my sneakers when in bed.

I first met my wife my senior year in high school. I was invited by a mutual friend to a pool party at her house. I actually went to see a different girl who was attending the party. To be honest, I barely even remember meeting my wife that night.

Fast forward a couple of years and she and her family start attending my church. I start talking to her and found out she was struggling in the most basic math class our local community college offered. I was taking differential equations and she was in like math 098 or something. I decided to tutor her (ineffectively, I must add). When I went to her house the first time I remembered I had been to her house a couple of years before at that pool party....never realized she was the same person until them. Anyways, what she lacked in mathematical skills, she made up for in character, poise and beauty.

We dated for a few years and tied the knot in 2003. We’ve been happily married ever since. 16 years of marriage and 2 great kids later and I love and respect her more now than I did then. I’ve never been able to identify with folks who have bad marriages or difficult wives. I love my wife and thank God every day for the blessing she has been to me.

As I sit here now at my in-laws celebrating Christmas, I’m reminded of the same thing I said on our wedding day in 2003 and a hundred times since then, “I can’t imagine life being any better than it is right now.”

Proverbs 18:22

ED06FBF4-C704-48EC-AB39-539FD32A27BE.jpeg

Me and my GF have actually gone back quite a while. We first met around 5 years ago around the start of the Christmas holiday season when I was working briefly as stock manager at a Staples store. She came in a half hour before closing time looking for some little plastic desk ornaments called 'Funko-Pops' of her favorite Harry Potter characters. She is a big time Harry Potter nerd and I knew virtually nothing about the series before. We ended up just talking and walking down random aisles without a care until the final announcement was made about the store closing. She ended up getting several of her ornaments, a bunch of 'Kooky' pens (with the silly rubber band hairball on top) and a few packs of Post-Its. As she was leaving she asked me if I ever wanted to go to a book club and I was like "What are you going to do with a guy like me in a BOOK club"???, laughing...

We kept in touch all this time and were best friends until within the last 2 years. I had gone through a very nasty breakup during the time I met her, a situation compounded by the instigation of several other assholes which could have resulted in some people getting hurt, badly, and I possibly in prison. For a time all I did was binge drink. Get fucked up, sober up just enough to buy more liquor, and repeat all over again. Only things that would have made this into a textbook bro-country song would be my truck getting jacked, my dog running away, and me totaling a music career due to a cocaine habit.
    smiley_freak.gif
    All that while she continuously corresponded with me, calling me, texting, making sure I was okay and trying to get me to go out. I had not wanted to date, or even talk to anyone too much, except just getting shit faced and working in environments where similar forms of assfuckery are not only tolerated but routinely practiced among the others too... And yet she remained my friend and it was she who encouraged me to cool down. When my father passed, she had been very supportive to my mother and we just grew closer and closer. And no, we never 'formally announced' our relationship or some other nonsense like that. I am very different from her and she from me and I think that is what made our feelings towards each other so much more solid. And she knows I am a type of person who will readily lay his life down for those he cares about. No bullshit. No nonsense. No doubts or indecisions.

ETA: Thanks, OP, for a beautiful and kick-ass thread like this in a season when we remember to cherish what we have and tell our loved ones that we love them, something that is to be done EVERY day of course.

Last edited:
    I first met my wife my senior year in high school. I was invited by a mutual friend to a pool party at her house. I actually went to see a different girl who was attending the party. To be honest, I barely even remember meeting my wife that night.

Fast forward a couple of years and she and her family start attending my church. I start talking to her and found out she was struggling in the most basic math class our local community college offered. I was taking differential equations and she was in like math 098 or something. I decided to tutor her (ineffectively, I must add). When I went to her house the first time I remembered I had been to her house a couple of years before at that pool party....never realized she was the same person until them. Anyways, what she lacked in mathematical skills, she made up for in character, poise and beauty.

We dated for a few years and tied the knot in 2003. We’ve been happily married ever since. 16 years of marriage and 2 great kids later and I love and respect her more now than I did then. I’ve never been able to identify with folks who have bad marriages or difficult wives. I love my wife and thank God every day for the blessing she has been to me.

As I sit here now at my in-laws celebrating Christmas, I’m reminded of the same thing I said on our wedding day in 2003 and a hundred times since then, “I can’t imagine life being any better than it is right now.”

Proverbs 18:22

View attachment 7208926
    Good story and Well done.

I met mine with a blonde under one arm, and her bff brunette friend under the other. My Panty 6, she was dating one of my buddies and did not think very highly of my slutty Marine ass. We were leaving the club as they were walking in. Went to the room, had a lot of fun and back to the club we went. As I walked in with both lady's, my buddies were already talking and all I did was smile knowing I was living the best days of anyone's life then. You're welcome ;)

My wife was the first woman I ever kissed, she was 18 and I was 15 and lied about my age.
    We've been together since 1979, it's nice to know she always has my back.
    If it wasn't for her quick thinking this spring I'd be dead.
    She still curls my toes.

My wife and I grew up in the same neighborhood and didn't even know it until years later. After we both had our share of bad relationships we met through a combination of friends and internet. She pulled me through some pretty rough times and I will forever respect her for that. 10 years later we now have two beautiful daughters and I couldn't be more thankful for her. The Lord has truly blessed me.
    20180428_161552.jpg

Merry Christmas to all of you!

well i've been shamed into giving a more honest answer, although my first reply was not entirely fakenews.

i lived in a poor (crip) neighborhood to save money, and used to hang out with the neighbors in the garages in front of the apt complex that faced the sidewalk and street, drinking heineken and hennessy while we narrated the happenings of the neighborhood.
    anyway, one of my neighbors had parents that are both deaf, and he was teaching me sign language.
    so at work, there is a beautiful girl that is way out of my league, even if i had game, which i didn't.
    thinking she would not know what i was signing, i signed that she was a beautiful girl and i wanted to make love to her. :love:
    yup, that is how pitiful i was (am), lol.

and she started signing back. :oops:
    and she wasn't mad. ?

our daughter is now 25 and getting her masters.

/and i don't live in a crip neighborhood anymore.

Last edited: