• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How do I make my M700 ADL into a BDL?

LeviSS

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2010
IL
I just bought a M700 ADL in .243Win. I'd like to one day replace the stock with something better and switch it to a floorplate mag or a detachable box mag.

Do I just need a factory take off bottom metal, along with the box, spring, and follower?

Is the magazine and other parts for the .243Win the same as the one they use in the .308Win?

Re: How do I make my M700 ADL into a BDL?

Replace the stock or modifies the adl stock, trigger gaurd, and the magazine

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LeviSS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just bought a M700 ADL in .243Win. I'd like to one day replace the stock with something better and switch it to a floorplate mag or a detachable box mag.

Do I just need a factory take off bottom metal, along with the box, spring, and follower?

Is the magazine and other parts for the .243Win the same as the one they use in the .308Win? </div></div>

The factory BDL kit would work and Browells sells a conversion kit or you can buy 2nd-hand take-offs. I *believe* the spring is different and the follower is the same from factory ADL to BDL.

Rem Factory drop DM or detachable box mags are not real popular. Also, the stock requires modification for the side mag-release buttons.

In the case of Rem factory & most aftermarket DM kits the short-action mags are inter-changeable (ex: 243-308). Note that the popular aftermarket kits require added bottom inletting to the stock. In the case of aftermarket inletted 700 stock; your Rcvr is the same.

HTH

I plan to buy take off botom metal. I see it go pretty cheap on here. I don't plan on doing anything soo, but I want to know what I need to I can scoop it up when/if I find a deal. Then I'll be ready for the stock.

So, I can buy a .308Win (or any other Sa, med bolt face) take off and use it with the .243Win...correct?