• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How do I measure for Pachmayr slip on recoil pad?

tucansam

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2012
This isn't exactly a "sniper" question but I figured enough expertise reads this forum that I might get some good info here.

I have a Ruger 77/22 in 22 Hornet, and the length of pull is a little short for me. Its the standard wooden laminate stock if it matters.

I'm looking at Pach's site, and I see spacers and slip-on recoil pads. I assume the spacers would have to be ground to the contour of the stock?

The slip-on pads are available in three sizes, listing length and width. Is length = height, as in from top to bottom of the end of the stock, or length of the unit where it sleeves onto the stock? I'm confused as far as how to measure which one I need.

Any other cheap/easy suggestions for lengthening the stock? I only need another 1-2" and I figured the slip-on for about $20 would be hard to beat.

Thanks.