• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How do I post a forwarded Email on the Hide?

MBass300

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2010
Prospect,Ct
I got a email from a friend yesterday. One of thos "pass it on"
emails. Normally they're crap and I just delete them, but I feel the need to share this one.
Can someone please tell me how I get a copy of this email from my "in-box" to a post on the Hide?
I am somewhat computerally illiterate.

Re: How do I post a forwarded Email on the Hide?

First thing you do is check to see if the information is accurate, current, non-political, non-religious, non-racist, and from a credible source.

Once you have done that, you open your e-mail and select the message, then simultaneously press <span style="font-weight: bold">Shift</span> and <span style="font-weight: bold">Delete</span> on your keyboard, because we've already heard about it, discussed it, argued about it, been banned because of it, and have moved on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Semour Gunz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got a email from a friend yesterday. One of thos "pass it on"
emails. Normally they're crap and I just delete them, but I feel the need to share this one.
Can someone please tell me how I get a copy of this email from my "in-box" to a post on the Hide?
I am somewhat computerally illiterate. </div></div>

Check out; click here---> http://www.snopes.com/

and see if the email you have is in fact true, this site will break it all down for ya. The tough crowd above is trying to say that a lot of what goes around in chain letters ends up hitting the forums and most of it leads to a lot of bickering which gets people banned. Chain letters tend to be filled with bull-sh-- because they are meant to incite some emotion, usually anger. Hope this helps a bit.

First of all, I wouldn't even consider posting the email unless I had verified it to be true. My judgement is fine. It's my computer skills that need improvement ( but I'm working on it). As the email has been around for awhile, I'm sure many have seen it before me, but I'm sure there are also many who have not. It is not political, racist, or religious, but will probably incite emotions in most (as it did for me).

I figured it out with Switchblades help and posted it here in the Bear Pit.
The name of the thread is "True Courage". I apologise if it's "old news". If anyone feels for any reason that I should not have forwarded it, please let me know and I will delete the post.
Thanks,
Matt