• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How do I remove the breeching ring from my M2013?

RyeDaddy

Dickhole
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2009
Hellbound in Fort Worth, TX
I've decided to take Marty at Badger's advice and parkerize my M2013 before the outside gets Cerakote.

I emailed Bagder inquiring about how to remove the breeching ring before I send it out but haven't gotten a reply yet in 2 days. Any help here? I'd like to mail it out for park'ing tomorrow.

It's just a bare action now, no barrel or anything. The ring doesn't move by hand, kinda nervous to go sticking tools in there. Can't tell if it should unscrew or just push out.

It should slide straight out out by hand although the close fit might make it feel snug. Also, it it aligned by a pin that engages a notch in the front side of the ring (I.e. towards shooter) so trying to twist it is a no-go. How hard have you pulled on it with your finger?

Pulled as hard as I could with my finger, wouldn't budge. I put the bolt in from the barrel tenon side and pulled (lightly so as not to gouge the locking lugs) to no avail.

Found pics that showed it is not screwed in, like you said. So I laid the action on the counter, standing up, tenon threads down and put a plastic chopstick through magazine port and up against the locking lugs in the breech ring. One whack with a mallet and it popped out. Thank you!