• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes How do you adjust reticle focus on Nightforce NXS?

strojo

Private
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2008
Connecticut, USA
I have a Nightforce NXS 3.5-15 scope and can't figure out how to adjust the focus of the reticle. Someone told me that you're supposed to turn the knurled ring closest to the eyepiece counterclockwise to loosen it, but mine won't budge at all.

Help!!!

Re: How do you adjust reticle focus on Nightforce NXS?

you should go to the nightforce website and download the owners manual if you dont have one.

The focus ring on mine was bulls ass tight.
Your on the right track, just give it some muscle.

B

i had to muscle in on both of mine. keep at it.

I don't have mine with me, but as I recall, you have to unscrew the eyepiece slightly to unlock things, then adjust with the knurled ring, then re-tighten the locking eyepiece.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lifebreath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't have mine with me, but as I recall, you have to unscrew the eyepiece slightly to unlock things, then adjust with the knurled ring, then re-tighten the locking eyepiece. </div></div>

Nope, that's backwards. The eyepiece focuses and the ring locks the eyepiece.

If you're right handed, grab the locking ring in your left hand and the eyepiece in your right, and twist the eyepiece counterclockwise (lefty loosey, righty tighty). Twist the mortal piss out of it until the eyepiece turns. You're not going to hurt it.
Set the parallax to infinity and the magnification to max, and crank the eyepiece until the reticle focuses as sharp as possible to your shooting eye.
Then hold the eyepiece in your right hand again, and twist the locking ring back as tight as you can get it against the eyepiece with your left hand.
Done deal.