• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors How do you build and buy a new Volkmann 1911 now?

spotswood

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2009
Florida
I started shooting a Detonics Scoremaster in the 80's, then upgraded to a Kimber Super Match in the late 90's. It has always worked great but I hear that a Volkmann 45 is the cream of the crop and much nicer and would like to build another 45 that incorporates all of the best improvements with thebeswt workmanship out there. Is there another company I should consider also?

How do I get in touch with Volkmann to build one to my specs? His web link is down and I read a post somewhere that he was separating himself from Volkmann Arms.

Is it possible to order a custom built now from him or are only used guns out there now?
Thanks
Gary

Re: How do you build and buy a new Volkmann 1911 now?

i saw his post somewhere that he was still doing it. make sure you are dealing with him and not the old company. i think this is his new link. brought to you by Yahoo.

http://www.volkmannprecision.com/

I have heard him and his partner are splitting. I have a friend that does some inside work from them and has been unable to even get paid. Some argument about which one he's supposed to collect payment from.

It might not be the best time to get one done by them. Wait for them to sort things out or go with one of the hundred other great 1911 smiths. PM me if you still want a pistol done to Volkmannn standard and I'll put you in touch with someone.

I talked with Luke Volkmann the last few days and everything seems ok.
He is telling me a 6 month wait and then a 3 month build time.
I put my order in today.
Gary

Luke's got everything worked out, it was all George (ex partner's ) screw up. No worries on anything he builds. I've been to his new shop and it's all set up and he's working away. Get in line now, I have one and am getting another on order.