• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How do you carry a tripod with a pack?

Caterpillardoc

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2013
Doswell, Virginia
What set up are you using to carry a tripod with your pack? I have an Eberlstock Gunslinger II pack and haven't found a good way to carry my tripod. I'm using a Manfrotto 055 tripod with a Sunwayfoto DHY-90 ball mount. Pictures would be most appreciated.

photo48524.jpg

I slide it through the side straps and the ball head into the pouch. I loop the first strap through a molle to pull toward center. Then I just loosen both straps to take it out or stow it away.

Last edited:
I have a Tripod carry pack with PAL's modular webbing . Then just connect it to the left side panel of my backpack onto it's webbing .

159232f9d5f388d8aa23480569aca2ac.jpg

Best pic I had. Carbon fiber manfrotto, with the feet in the lower pouch then strapped down with quick releases, and with the stickball grip facing away from your back. Anything large that needed to be accessed by everyone on the team was done this way. I'll try to get a close up when I get home for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the side straps on my TAD bag. Works great.

Last edited:
Not being a smart ass, but I just carry mine in my hand. Over time I figured for me this was the easiest way to transport it.

I haven't tried it myself yet, but it seems like some shotgun scabbards might be large enough to work - you could fit 2 tripod legs in the scabbard, and tuck the third under a strap. I plan on giving it a shot.

With a quick detach head some will fit inside a pack, medium pack size.
For hunting I like a sleek pack for not hanging up in the trees and brush.
At matches exterior is as good as any.

R

Precision Rifle Tripod Scabbard. Just connect it to the left side panel of my backpack onto it's webbing .

159232f9d5f388d8aa23480569aca2ac.jpg

Best pic I had. Carbon fiber manfrotto, with the feet in the lower pouch then strapped down with quick releases, and with the stickball grip facing away from your back. Anything large that needed to be accessed by everyone on the team was done this way. I'll try to get a close up when I get home for you.

Just curious because i have a mystery ranch bag myself, but what are the front vertical pockets designed to have in them? Or what did you personally put inside them

Just curious because i have a mystery ranch bag myself, but what are the front vertical pockets designed to have in them? Or what did you personally put inside them

Left, looking at the pockets was 100 round belt of 7.62 and a full IV kit with ringer lactate bag. The right had 3 rounds of 30mm HEDP, a grenade, a smoke, and extra batteries depending on what we were carrying for that mission. All were emergency rounds that anyone could get to if needed, no matter whose pack you grabbed or ended up next to.

I'm sure other random things were put in there, but that is what had to be in there. All stuff that had to be able to be accessed quickly.

Left, looking at the pockets was 100 round belt of 7.62 and a full IV kit with ringer lactate bag. The right had 3 rounds of 30mm HEDP, a grenade, a smoke, and extra batteries depending on what we were carrying for that mission. All were emergency rounds that anyone could get to if needed, no matter whose pack you grabbed or ended up next to.

I'm sure other random things were put in there, but that is what had to be in there. All stuff that had to be able to be accessed quickly.

Thank you for your service.

I always feel weird when people say that to me. I appreciate it, but honestly its the best job in the world. I feel lucky I've been able to do it for this long. Cheers