• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How do you change a thread title?

I was wondering about this too. I've got something in the FS section, and while I can edit the thread, I can't seem to change the title that shows up on the forum list.

If you click edit, then go to the advanced editor it allows you to change the title, however, it does not always seem to work.

I see post titles in the FS section that appear to have changed, since they say "price drop" in them, I assume the OP changed it, but dont know how.

So the question still stands, is there a way to change the title that will actually appear on the forum list not just inside the thread?

If you click edit, then go to the advanced editor it allows you to change the title, however, it does not always seem to work.

I see post titles in the FS section that appear to have changed, since they say "price drop" in them, I assume the OP changed it, but dont know how.

So the question still stands, is there a way to change the title that will actually appear on the forum list not just inside the thread?

This is how vBulletin permissions work -- The admins can disallow the changing of thread titles in a forum, but the users will still be able to edit their threads and change the title but they won't be reflected in the forum listing. Often times forums are setup this way to prevent scammers from "covering their tracks" by editing the thread titles to hide their activities after they rip some one off.