• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How do you get a Class III?

My local dealer matches prices and is 1 mile from my house but here’s a place to look. Although I haven’t used them. I know some people had issues years ago with paperwork getting jacked up. Don’t remember who it was tho, maybe these guy??

Haha! In the mean time you are just stuck with a paper weight or what?

You pay for suppressor. You pay $200 tax stamp. The dealer keeps the can until your approved. Then you pick up

Just need to decide to go individual or trust which you can research the difference before you buy

Buying a can as a private citizen doesn’t require a “Class III” license. Assuming that you are legally able to take possession of a can, it is done on a form 4 from/with your dealer, $200 buckaroos to the ATF and fingerprints/passport photos to them and FBI....

50FCF1B8-765E-4A38-B848-328BCE9DC2E5.jpeg

How long does it usually take for the paperwork to clear?
3-16 Months. Generally 5-9

Silencershop makes the process easy

Just got one approved today that the check was cashed on 3/13/20. So about 7 months

Last edited:
Forever!!!!

Or as Clausewitz would say "Es hangt" aka "it depends".

It depends on location, reviewer but the average is a while and requires a LOT of patience.

Once you have put your finger prints on file with silencer shop, it's like buying socks off Amazon. They just send you an email with something you need to sign digitally with your mouse or finger. After that, it's just waiting.

Edit - If it's been more than a year, you just need to take another picture of your self with your phone and upload your ugly mug. Just bought a third can on a whim a month ago. Had to do that.

Reactions: deersniper
Is the silencershop.com as good as it sounds? After looking at the site was thinking about going with the trust route? Any of you all done the same? If so can you share your experience

If you anticipate that you will ever want someone else to be able to posses, or have access to, the suppressor when you're not present, a trust is the way to go. That includes a spouse or any other adults in your household.