• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How do you guys clean the barrel chamber when using a bore guide?

Long Range

Private
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2014
Just wondering because the bore guide enters the chamber and you bypass that area when using a bore guide.

You use a chamber brush that is sized larger than the bore...there is no bore guide required as neither the rod nor the brush can enter the bore due to the brush's larger diameter.

Nylon bristle brush sized for the chamber, can wrap a patch over it as well. I'll hit that before cleaning the bore, then hit it with a mop after after to ensure it's dry.

unless you are a ham-fisted gorilla.....you dont need a bore guide.

frankly you dont need to be cleaning all that often to begin with

Reactions: Nik H
I clean the barrel with the bore guide in, during which some solvent leaks into the chamber. I clean the chamber second by pulling the bore guide, doubling up a large square patch (2 1/2 or 3" square) around the jag (Parker Hale style) and spinning that in the chamber to clean up the gunk and solvent.

I spray Brake Kleen on this and give it a few twists.

20200722_101052.jpg

I clean the brush with Brake Kleen also.

I use turkey basters at work for sucking up fluids. The ones at HEB come with a brush inside, they work pretty good. Also the nylon brushes that come with pistols work good too.